“Great coffee and food”

Ranked #218 of 980 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: There are multiple locations for this cafe/coffee shop/wine cave. We went to the West Washington location multiple times on our trip. It is a wonderful place!
Columbia
“Great coffee and food”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I went to Barriques to do some work while visiting family. I was disappointed that they were out of yogurt but the wrap I ordered was delicious as was my mocha! However, I was a little annoyed that there were not more outlets to plug in our computers. Overall, I would come back.

• Visited March 2013

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Hard to find good help”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Though my food was good, my companions was forgotten. After I brought it to the staffs attention they seemed to take their time to whip together the four ingredient salad. I would expect an establishment of this price to at least deliver the lost meal. Not this slow business day. My name was yelled and the sorry salad sat on the shelf as one staff member dusted wine and another stared at the ceiling :(. No offer of a free cookie or beverage to make up for our coffee shop lunch taking a full hour. I left hungry for service!

• Visited February 2013
Appleton, WI
“Always good coffee, always good food”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stop here every time we pass through Madison. We choose to avoid the busy roads at rush hour by parking it downtown and enjoying coffee and food before we head back out. We travel between Wisconsin and Iowa often. On the way down it's Friday evening and we always stop here. They have a wine tasting if you want to hang around for a while (on Friday evenings) and if you aren't planning on driving. It is a great way to educate yourself on wines. The person doing the pours is very knowledgeable and easy to approach.
Espresso macchiato please, or crazy foam with the cappuccino. They know how to make them all perfectly.

• Visited February 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Best Coffee Shop in Midwest!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I dream about coming back to Madison for the coffee at Bariques! Try their menu items too :) Wine at night, nice local feel, not big chain and fabulous coffee

Visited January 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What is wrong with their staff?”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have no problem with the coffee. Usually very good. But, what is wrong with their staff. I go to either the Middleton shop or the Old Sauk Rd. shop and the staff at both places are unfriendly and taciturn. I know they don't make much but managment can still do things to make the staff customer friendly. I just went to the Old Sauk Rd place two days in a row. The guy making my latte acted like I was a big inconvenience. I won't be back.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Barriques? Share your experiences!