You have certain expectations when staying at a Hilton and this facility meets all of them - smooth check-in, helpful and cheerful staff, clean and updated facilities, nice amenities.
King-sized bed on the 12th floor had a stunning view of the state capitol and a view of the lakes, adequate drawer space for a short stay and enough desk space and plugs to set up and get work done. While there was free wireless internet available from several unsecured networks, speeds varied considerably; the hotel charged $9.95 a day to plug into their high-speed network, exorbitant in this day and age. The bed was Hilton-comfortable but some may had trouble finding a pillow combination to suit them. It was nice to have a coffee maker with real mugs in addition to the standard foam cups.
The only real annoyances were in the bathroom - extremely dim lighting that made it hard to see what you were doing, and water that got quite warm but never really steamy hot; guess there's no hot water boiler on the 12th floor?
The on-site restaurant is a chain but has reasonable prices and a good selection of steak and seafood entrees; the bar is quite good for a hotel; a somewhat-pricey breakfast buffet is available every morning. As a bonus, there is a skywalk connecting the hotel to the Monona Terrace Conference Center across the street, so this is the place to stay if you have a conference there.
State Street, a many-blocks-long cultural cornucopia, is two blocks away on the other side of the state capitol, and home to a huge variety of restaurants, shops and what have you, far above average for a typical college town. All in all a good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, perfectly located in downtown Madison just two blocks from Capitol Square, is an elegant property connected by skywalk to the Monona Terrace Convention Center. Choose from a variety of guestrooms and suites with spectaculor views of the State Capitol or beautiful Lake Monona. With an upscale, urban and residential feel to the rooms and public spaces, the hotel boasts full service dining and bar options as well. Transportation service is provided complimentary to downtown locations, including the University and Kohl Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Madison Monona Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Hilton Hotel Madison
- Hilton Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Madison Hilton