It would seem that those seeking an upscale hotel in Madison essentially have two choices--the Hilton and the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governors Club.
While I didn't see the rooms at the Concourse, the conference I was attending was located there--and I was not very impressed with the public spaces and conference rooms. The Concourse gave off a 70s vibe, whereas the Hilton was classy and modern.
The Hilton is located right across from the Capitol in a rather nice setting. The facility itself is attractive and perhaps a little more interested than your standard Hilton because it is integrated into an older building.
I was given a corner king executive room which was quite roomy. The room quality was fairly high--furniture was in good shape, bed was quite comfortable. LCD Tv, but cable was not HD which makes it rather a waste.
Though well appointed, the bathroom was quite small. A bit out of place given the size of the room.
I was given access to the Exec lounge even though I'm only Diamond--nice setting, pretty standard continental spread.
The front desk staff is worth commenting on because they were unusually friendly and helpful. I wasn't expecting that given the previous reviews, but I can only report what I experienced--everybody was uniformly nice.
I ordered room service once--overpriced, of course, but the food quality was actually very good. Of particular note was a way-above average clam chowder. It was also prompt, and once again delivered with a smile.
Parking situation is a bit confusing because the self park option is on again/off again, depending on events at Monona Terrace and the attached restaurant. Valet is always available.
Overall, my experience at this hotel was pleasant, and I'm fairly certain its the best that Madison has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, perfectly located in downtown Madison just two blocks from Capitol Square, is an elegant property connected by skywalk to the Monona Terrace Convention Center. Choose from a variety of guestrooms and suites with spectaculor views of the State Capitol or beautiful Lake Monona. With an upscale, urban and residential feel to the rooms and public spaces, the hotel boasts full service dining and bar options as well. Transportation service is provided complimentary to downtown locations, including the University and Kohl Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Madison Monona Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Hilton Hotel Madison
- Hilton Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Madison Hilton