“Mixed review”

Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Mixed review”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I am not saying this hotel is bad but there are many bad features. The air con in my first room was noisy the second room was not much better. The housekeeping do not understand English so asking for decaf coffee became show and tell. The pool could use left chemicals ( a minor flaw which I could ignore if it was the only issue during my stay ). A highlight was the engineer we got to look at our air con who was great and really pulled out the stops to improve our stay ( he changed this from 2 to 3 ) . During my trip I have stayed in cheaper hotels that were nicer and provided breakfast. So to round it up don't come here when it is hot unless they have replaced the rubbish air con and be sure to note most things are extra not a lot comes with the room bar safe coffee and a TV.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for the review. For many of our housekeeping staff English is their second language, despite this we encourage all of our Team Members to have positive interactions with our guests regardless of their own comfort level with the English language. I will be working with our Housekeeping Manager to find ways to improve the way our team communicates with our guests. Our Chief Engineer and his team are diligently working to resolve the air conditioning issues you encountered during your stay, I am confident that if you stay with us again you will not experience further issues with the air conditioning.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Chicago, Il
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel is connected to the Monona conference center and lake on one side with easy walking access to state and business on the other. You can walk to State street too. Hotel is ideal fro weddings or business events. Rooms are the typical comfort of Hilton, but views better than most. Staff are helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floor on lake side for view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! One of our best assets is our location, not only are we attached to the Monona Terrace we are also centrally located in downtown Madison. I hope to have you as our guest again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This lovely hotel was wonderful. We really felt at home. We were greeted warmly every time we walked through the lobby. We had our dog with us, and the staff greeted our dog too. We had a view of the capitol from our room. Very clean and comfortable. Right downtown, within walking distance of tons of fun stuff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for the great review! Our staff very much enjoys interacting with the pets of our guests. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again!
Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is the place to stay in Downtown Madison! Great upscale restaurant with great steaks. Fun Lounge Bar where you meet people from around the world. Location overlooking Lake Monona and views of the Capital Building, can't be beat Adjacent to the convention center, if in town for a meeting. Best spot if interested in the upcoming iron man competition!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write such an outstanding review! We very much appreciate having you as our guest.
St Paul MN, U.S. Virgin Islands
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Not happy a camper hotel took liberty to assign room without looking at what reservation was for or we were second class citizens Agent tryed to make up for the so call mix up with a drink ticket and a breakfast ticket but that is not quality service I don't believe hotel was sold out and accommodations could have beem make

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

In addition to filling out the Trip Advisor comment I wanted thank you for taking the time to speak with me about the issue you encountered. As we discussed we occasionally encounter guests that stay over, leaving our room count out of balance. While this is not typical I certainly understand what a disappointment it is when you don’t get the room you reserved. I hope to have you as our guests again on your next trip to Madison.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while in the Madison area on business and found the amenities to be very nice. The entire facility has been funny renovated so all furnishings are clean and new. The rooms are large with a separate sectional couch with its own TV. Sleep was easy to come by as I was never disturbed by noise, and the setting of the hotels location is nice. The capital building is only a short walk and the lake is even closer. I'd recommend this hotel if you find yourself in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! I am glad that you enjoyed our guest rooms. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again!
Merrimack, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I come to this hotel annually and the staff is outstanding, the overall experience is very enjoyable! From spending time in the Convention center designed by Frank Lloyd Wright to eating at the many fine restaurants locally, I always look forward to coming here. Each morning, I take a walk along the lake and in the evening, I can work comfortably in my room. This year, I even had a chance to take a boat ride on Lake Monoma which was very entertaining.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am glad that you choose to stay with us during your conference! Thank you for your continued support, I look forward to having you as our guest next year!