“Best hotel service we have had in a while!!!!”

Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Athens, United States
“Best hotel service we have had in a while!!!!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We truly cannot say enough good things about our stay here. We were in town for a wedding at the Madison club and the staff was so very helpful and accommodating the whole time. Our rental car was backed into by a hit and run driver in the deck and the manager on staff was so patient and helpful in getting the officer for the report and making sure I had all of the information that I needed to file a claim. We also had help from a staff member (Eric?) in switching and servicing our rooms at 11:30 pm when the groom realized that their room was accidentally booked alongside his parents. (Oops!). What a lovely property and such lovely staff!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Janesville, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

From the parking, to the "bell service", we were treated as though we were not "good enough" for this place. Over priced food, parking, loud, noisy people at all hours of the night, NEVER staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I am extremely sorry that you had such a negative experience while you were our guest. It is very important to us that every guest feels valued and respected. I can assure you that your stay was not the typical of what our guests experience, I hope you give us the opportunity to change your opinion. Should you want to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me at michaelweaver@hiltonmadison.com.
Menomonee Falls, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I am a sales manager with reps in the Milwaukee and Madison markets. I've stayed at every hotel in the downtown area, and this hotel is the best Hotel, by far! Great views no matter what side of the building you're on, great parking accomodations, friendly staff, and convienent location. This is the only Hotel I will stay at when I need to be in the area now. The other hotels need to follow suit...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the exceptional review! Our staff works very hard to meet our goal of being the best hotel in Madison. Thank you for continuing to stay with us!
Chetek, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is a really great hotel with great services and accommodations. I just couldn't get a really good night sleep because the wall heater chlunked in really loudly when it kicked in. It's not just an "oh, that's sorta loud" noise...it's a "Oh my god! That woke me up!" noise. After switching the fan from auto to "on" I slept better. Other than that, I couldn't have asked for a better room.

cedarburg, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Was a great experience - everyone very helpful and all services were fine. The dinning room set up for the wedding was so lovely and all windows looking out at Lake Monona were beautiful. Our room was a handicap room because that was all that was available but was really nice and big bathroom which worked out just fine. Had a brunch after the wedding on the 14th floor and was delicious and service was outstanding.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review! The room that your event was in is the only space in Madison with views of both the Capitol and Lake Monona, it is a unique space with wonderful views. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in town.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 12, 2014

On a recent business trip to Madison, I stayed in a two-room suite with a beautiful view of the lake, a well-appointed bedroom area with comfortable king size bed, complimentary internet, and a place for meetings in an adjoining room. The suite included a large bathroom with corner shower and whirlpool bath, as well as another beautiful view of the lake and separate heating system. Very comfortable, clean and spacious. The staff was first-rate, accommodating a request for an early check-in. Bellman was helpful with luggage. The bar/restaurant served good food with friendly and knowledgeable service. An excellent stay.

Room Tip: the corner suite was worth the price.
1 Thank Anemoney
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for the outstanding review! We offer many different room types that fit many different needs, I am glad that you were able to utilize your room for your meeting. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you again!
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had a great experience at this hotel. It started with the free airport shuttle. I called the hotel as soon as I landed and they informed me that a shuttle was on its way. I believe they have two shuttle vans that go back and forth. The driver was super friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about Madison. Check-in was extremely quick and I was in my room in no time at all. The room was typical of a Hilton hotel with the usual toiletries. I had access to the executive lounge and it is definitely worth getting access. They have appetizers and cocktails in the evening and breakfast in the morning was much better than most executive lounges in other Hiltons in the U.S. They had hot items and not the typical continental breakfast. It was great. The views from the hotel are great too. One side has a nice view of the lake and the other is a view of the capitol building. The exercise facility is adequate along with the indoor pool that was popular with families. The hotel is connected to the convention center which is extremely convenient especially when the weather is cold like it was when I was there. The concierge staff were very helpful with dinner suggestions and running trails. The location is great and within walking distance of many restaurants. I will definitely stay here again if I ever return to Madison.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! I am glad you enjoyed our Executive Lounge, not only does our Executive Lounge have outstanding food it is also the only space in Madison with views of both the Capitol and the Lake. I very much appreciate you giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest again should you return to Madison.