“Meh?”

Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Chicago, Illinois
“Meh?”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Don't get me wrong- this hotel is beautiful. Very upscale, excellent views, and very clean and updated. That being said, I still think comparatively I've stayed at equally nice hotels that have been a better bargain. When we stayed, we had trouble parking. The lot was full and we were directed to park in the Hilton's spots in the Monona Terrace parking garage. However, none of the staff seemed to know which spots were actually for Hilton guests, if we'd be charged, what the parking rules were for overnight, etc. So we took our chances and luckily didn't get ticketed or towed. We had the breakfast buffet in the morning. Usually when I travel I'm used to hotels providing a complimentary breakfast. So we ended up paying 40$ for what I would consider just your average breakfast.
It is right in downtown which is a huge plus for convenience and the pool was a nice amenity. Overall would I stay again? Possibly, but not before shopping around first. It was just sort of eh for the price.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking Lake Monona. Excellent view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JYM25
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
I am sorry that you did not find our hotel a bargain compared to other hotels you have stayed at but I am happy to hear that you found our location to be a huge plus. Our pricing may be a little higher than some other hotels in Madison because we are the only hotel in Madison with such a convenient location. I would also like to apologize for the confusion with parking. The only parking we control is the parking garage directly under the hotel. While guests can utilize other parking options around the hotel they are required to follow the guidelines of whichever location where they choose to park. I will be speaking with our Front Office Manager to ensure that we are training our staff properly in explaining alternative parking options to our guests. I hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I spend a fair amount of time in Madison for work and I prefer to stay at the Hilton due to 1) location 2) brand and 3) level of service. The staff is extremely helpful and often times I can get away without having to rent a car and the shuttle service both too and from the airport as well as to the office has been great. I plan on using the Hilton as my home base while I continue to work in Madison for the next 9 months.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank MASExpeditions
Thank you for the great review and thank you for choosing to make us your home away from home for the next 9 months! I am sure that you will continue to receive the same great service that you have experienced thus far.
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Top notch hotel. Quick check-in, clean rooms, super comfortable beds, beautiful views and excellent food from room service! Alot of nice touches. If you plan to use a laptop be prepared - there is an extra charge for WI-FI.

1 Thank Sue F
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I am pleased to share that we just began offering free WIFI earlier this year. I hope you get a chance to stay with us again!
Green Bay, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean. Since this was a business trip, I did not really concern myself with costs, however, I would not be able to afford this if it were leisure. I had dinner in the Hotel restaurant, and for me, by myself, my bill was $80.00. Now this is 1 drink, soup, and a steak. Don't get me wrong, it was very tasty, but a bit overpriced for my preference. Anyway, if you can afford it, I would totally recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am glad that you found our hotel to be nice and clean! Our housekeeping staff does a great job in keeping our hotel clean. I am sorry that you found our onsite restaurant to be expensive but I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Thank you for the recommendation and I hope you get the chance to stay with us again.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Hilton in Madison connected to the Monona Terrace was a lovely hotel. Breakfast buffet was delicious and colorful. The lunch buffet was delightful, but should have been set up in a location other than the lobby. Valet parking was easy and they loaded our luggage in the vehicle prior to our departure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review! During your stay we set up a special lunch buffet for the convenience of our guests, the buffet was located in the lobby to ensure that we had enough seating for the guests that decided to take advantage of the buffet. We are one of the few locations in downtown Madison that offer valet, I am glad that you were able to utilize the service.
Platteville, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel in the perfect location in Madison. The rooms are very comfortable, with excellent views of either the Capitol or the lake. Service was very good, and the food and beverage were also very good.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank LivelyLaura
I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel! In addition to our high service levels we offer the added benefit of a wonderful location in downtown Madison. I hope you continue to stay with us when you visit Madison!
Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had a great view of one of the ice covered Madison lakes. The room was not set up as your typical modern unit; it had some style and panache. Price was higher than average locally this time of year, but moderate by most standards.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am glad you enjoyed the view from one of our lake view rooms! I must say, as much I enjoy the ice covered lake I am very much looking forward to the warmer weather. I hope you have a chance to come back to enjoy the view during the non-winter months!