“business stay”

Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean. Since this was a business trip, I did not really concern myself with costs, however, I would not be able to afford this if it were leisure. I had dinner in the Hotel restaurant, and for me, by myself, my bill was $80.00. Now this is 1 drink, soup, and a steak. Don't get me wrong, it was very tasty, but a bit overpriced for my preference. Anyway, if you can afford it, I would totally recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

I am glad that you found our hotel to be nice and clean! Our housekeeping staff does a great job in keeping our hotel clean. I am sorry that you found our onsite restaurant to be expensive but I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Thank you for the recommendation and I hope you get the chance to stay with us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Hilton in Madison connected to the Monona Terrace was a lovely hotel. Breakfast buffet was delicious and colorful. The lunch buffet was delightful, but should have been set up in a location other than the lobby. Valet parking was easy and they loaded our luggage in the vehicle prior to our departure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review! During your stay we set up a special lunch buffet for the convenience of our guests, the buffet was located in the lobby to ensure that we had enough seating for the guests that decided to take advantage of the buffet. We are one of the few locations in downtown Madison that offer valet, I am glad that you were able to utilize the service.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel in the perfect location in Madison. The rooms are very comfortable, with excellent views of either the Capitol or the lake. Service was very good, and the food and beverage were also very good.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank LivelyLaura

I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel! In addition to our high service levels we offer the added benefit of a wonderful location in downtown Madison. I hope you continue to stay with us when you visit Madison!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had a great view of one of the ice covered Madison lakes. The room was not set up as your typical modern unit; it had some style and panache. Price was higher than average locally this time of year, but moderate by most standards.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am glad you enjoyed the view from one of our lake view rooms! I must say, as much I enjoy the ice covered lake I am very much looking forward to the warmer weather. I hope you have a chance to come back to enjoy the view during the non-winter months!

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff was very gracious and I loved checking in next to a bowl of dog treats for canine guests. The place was classy and yet allowed dogs ( only classy dogs I'm sure). I liked the feature of needing to use your room key to operate the elevator between 11 pm and 5:30 am. Had a wonderful view of the state capitol building - especially at night. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Our Front Desk staff does an excellent job, I am glad that they were able to leave you with a positive impression. We are very proud of being a pet friendly hotel, we very much enjoy meeting our guests pets. I am pleased to hear that you will be staying with us again, I am certain you will enjoy your next visit as much as you enjoyed your previous visit.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We've stayed at the Hilton several times in the past. This time, we visited as a couple with 2 small children for a weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday.

They went out of their way to make the weekend exceptional.

I had emailed my requests ahead of time to the hotel and they were gracious enough to honor them. We stayed in a 1 king bed "deluxe" room, which overlooked the lake (beautiful) and had a semi-private seating area that converted into a pull out couch.

The staff had a welcome and happy birthday card waiting for us in the room, along with a plate of fresh, very good fruit.

The staff were ALWAYS courteous, very professional, and what I have come to expect at this hotel and a Hilton in general. Bedding is hilton issued fare, and always good as well.

I always use the valet parking. For $3 more than do-it-yourself parking, it's worth it.

The location is exceptional, with shuttle service to surrounding area if you want it. Or close enough to walk on a decent night, with PLENTY of high-quality restaurants around, including the Chop House attached to the hotel.

The bar makes stiff drinks.

The pool area is small but clean. Fitness area is good with free weights.

What makes this hotel exceptional is the service and friendliness. You do not get this type of service from other hotels.

Room Tip: Corner rooms with the view are the best. Otherwise, get a high floor lake view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I am very happy to hear that our staff helped in creating an exceptional weekend for you and your family. Our staff takes a lot of pride in what they do, I look forward to sharing your review with the team!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Hilton Monona Terrace is at a great location, right on the lake and close to Madison's State Street, the location for many great local venues and entertainment options. Room was well furnished, quiet, with a comfortable bed!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you get to stay with us on your next trip to Madison!