I will start back to February. My husband booked us a room the night of our wedding reception. The reception was off site, but he surprised me with a room at the Hilton for the night. He went to check in around 4pm and for some reason they would not let him check in at that time. So we were rewarded with a free breakfast. After the reception, we drove up to find all guests outside and the fire department driving in behind us. Never did find out what actually happened, but there was talk of a malfunctioned fire alarm…not once but TWICE. They let everyone back in the first time but would not let us check in. Then it happened again and after all was clear, we still were not able to check in. So we left. They refunded us or did not charge us for the room, but I think that was poor service to not offer us something for our trouble. I called the Monday after that and we were sent a free room voucher to be used within 10 months with a bunch of restrictions. We decided to take advantage of that room and stayed last night. The service @ the front desk was great. The two gals were nothing but professional and polite. The main room was fine. What I would expect for Hilton quality. But what was lacking was the bathroom. There was mold in the shower and the shower was falling apart in a few places and the ceiling fan looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in years. See pictures below. We were both surprised as this was a “Hilton” certainly this room did not live up to the name. Feel like we were placed in that room because we didn’t actually pay for it?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, perfectly located in downtown Madison just two blocks from Capitol Square, is an elegant property connected by skywalk to the Monona Terrace Convention Center. Choose from a variety of guestrooms and suites with spectacular views of the State Capitol or beautiful Lake Monona. With an upscale, urban and residential feel to the rooms and public spaces, the hotel boasts full service dining and bar options as well. Transportation service is provided complimentary to downtown locations, including the University and Kohl Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Madison Monona Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Hilton Hotel Madison
- Hilton Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Madison Hilton