“Stay at the Hilton”

Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Neenah
“Stay at the Hilton”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was very pleased with the registration process. We were in our room immediately and it was clean and ready for occupancy. We went to the bar and were served immediately with our choices. The drinks and food was very good. The staff was knowledgeable of their asssignments.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Michael_BNeenah
Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Michael,

Thanks for the comments. It's sounds like you received efficient service and that is definitely part of the goal! We know that all of our guests came here to Madison for a reason and we want to make our part as easy and helpful for you as we can!

We look forward to the opportunity to do it again on your next visit!

Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
USA
Reviewed July 9, 2013

All staff members friendly and helpful. The Chop House is great for lunch and dinner. The Chop Salad is one of the best salads I have ever had, is available in both restaurants. Olives Restaurant is average, a little pricey for breakfast. AC unit in our room was very noisy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Ivy1954
Ivy,

Thank you for the nice comment about the staff! And I agree with you about the Chop salad, I recently had some of my own family here and they said the same thing! As far as the loud AC units I am aware that we still have some units that are in need of replacement and those replacements are on the way! Thank you again for the review and I look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I actually stayed here a year ago for three months. I didn't think it could get better. I arrived and Nick met me for the valet he was great. I had brought my dog Bluto again and Mark immediatley brought him water after our long ride and was there for rides to get things that I forgot. From curb side to the room this staff is hands down the best. My favorite stop is the Olive Lounge. You have to go when Kimberly, Logan and Sherrilee are working because they are very nice and will go out of your way to make you feel like its a neighborhood hang out. They would bring my dog carrots everytime we got off of the elevator. The most impressive thing is that the manager Dave made me feel as in important guest. I found out that the hotel had 12 weddings when I stayed there and still felt like a VIP. The rooms and lake view are great. Thank you all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Matt H
Matt,

I can't thank you enough for the impact you had on my team as well! I spoke to several people when I read this review and they all enjoyed their interactions with you as well. Thank you for naming so many people specifically. It is a great group of people here and it is absolutely our honor to have you AND Bluto here!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Last time I was in Madison I stayed at the Doubletree (closer to the University) and loved that spot. However, I decided to mix it up and stay at the Hilton the next time I was in town for work. I usually arrive early evening and have time for a quick run and dinner. Both locations give tons of options for that. However, if I had to choose, I'd pick the Hilton location over the Doubletree (although I enjoyed both and they are pretty close together). The Hilton upgraded my room to a high floor corner and the view was amazing - tons of windows with a capital view from one side and the lake view from the other. Also, walking over to Monona Terrace was nice as well. I had never been there, but it was a fun atmosphere with lots of folks out enjoying the evening and enjoying the sunset. I'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I'd ask for a corner room if possible! Tons of windows and beautiful views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LindaElaine1234
Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks for the great review! Agreed on the views, it is tough to get a bad view with the downtown and the Capitol on one side and Lake Monona on the other! During the summer the Monona Terrace patio is a great place to hang out. They often have live music there as well! Hope you join us next time you come back!!

LaGrange, GA
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at the Hilton Madison Monona. Check-in was easy, our king room was large, clean and comfortable, and the staff was very professional and courteous.

Parking is very difficult around the Wisconsin Capitol, but Hilton had a good system to beat the parking problem, although it did involve driving down several levels of parking. Not a problem if you allow the extra time for the parking process.

Overall this hotel has a great location, professional staff, and is a terrific value.

Room Tip: To make it easier to find a parking space, try to park your vehicle during work, dinner and “off” ti...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank D L
Appreciate your kinds words about the staff!

And yes we are just one block from Madison's beautiful Capitol Building! I encourage anyone in downtown Madison to take a quick self guided tour inside the Capitol. The stone work is amazing and the rotunda's artwork is incredible!

Thanks for the review!

Missouri
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton during a short business trip to Madison. Perfect location to state Capitol and lots of restaurant options within walking distance. Hotel rooms have Great Lake views and are modern. Highly recommend if you are looking for a room in Madison.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kiethc
We just renovated all of the rooms last year, I'm glad you enjoyed them! I tell people all the time about the amazing dining options within 2 blocks of the hotel! The hardest part is picking where to go.

Hope you stay with us again and try some place new!

San Antonio, TX
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Overall, I would file this under an average Hilton category. Nice staff, clean hotel, comfortable beds, and mostly quiet. The location was within walking distance of multiple restaurants and they have their own parking garage. My only complaint are a dirty coffee maker and the AC noise, which is always a sensitive item for me. My phone app measured up to 60 dB when on and under 40 when off. Enough to wake me when it kicked on. And there was now way to engage the fan full time. Otherwise, a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Thanks for the review! It sounds like things went well overall, but the couple things that didn't sound like they were annoying. In room AC is always a challenge with noise. Especially as the compessors age they get louder when they kick on. We try to change them when they start producing that type of noise through our preventative maintenance program, I'm sorry that you encountered one.

My goal is for everything to perfect when you stay with us and I hope I can achieve that next time you are here!