“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #38 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed March 4, 2011

My stay at Residence Inn, Madison in January was really made enjoyable by the courteous staff out there. I have stayed at other Residence Inn's too, but I liked this place as they paid attention to the guests' smallest needs. The room was good and the kitchen had all the amenities I needed. Breakfast though provided, was not something very great.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
ResidenceInnMgmt, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We do take great pride in providing memorable service to all of our guests and making everyone feel like part of our family, whether you are with us for 1 night or 1 year. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the breakfast, we welcome your feedback and hope you will share with us any ideas you may have for improvement. If you are with us again in the future and there is something that you would like that is not provided, let us know and we will see what we can do to get it for you!
Thank you again and we look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Well, my experience was good to start with.Staff was friendly and courteous. So i became at ease instantly .But other than the friendly smiles and hospitality there was a lot more ahead.

The rooms do not have a locked cupboards and lockers.You have few in the reception so its a pain and very inconvenient if you are staying for a long duration.

My experience ended on a bad note with housekeeping stealing 100 dollars,food and dunno what more. So be careful with your valuables and belongings .
Just a word of caution.Take care of your stuff here specially if you are an international tourist staying for long.They really do not care.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
ResidenceInnMgmt, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize these issues caused you to have a negative experience at our hotel. I want to assure you that guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and these issues are being addressed! We hope with our efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you change your mind and try the Residence Inn Madison, WI again next time you stay in the area.
Chicago
Reviewed November 6, 2010

The location of this hotel is strange. It's on what I consider to be a "frontage" road, runnning parallel to the highway. Make sure you have detailed directions before you try to find it. A nice hotel, with good breakfast choices and polite staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This Residence Inn is a twenty minute drive to the downtown core and is nestled on a little hill across from the highway and the EastTowne mall. No complaints on that end. If you walk the other way you'll find a school and a nice residential area with a forest to go jogging in. The actual hotel is not what I'd describe as a usual Residence Inn... It hasn't been updated in years and feels more like a huge cabin retreat. The rooms are more like an extended stay or a candlewood then a Marriott property. Still, I think that it serves it's purpose if you need a place with a kitchen. The staff is friendly and there are good facilities like a pool and hot tub and a very small gym.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank speksy
Minneapolis
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I am a Marriott Platinum member and joke that I spend more time in Marriott beds than my own. With all of those hotel stays, this was the very first time I have checked in and upon seeing my room, checked right back out. For less than $10 more, I am now in a suite at the Marriott West Madison. In the 10 minutes I spent in my room at the Residence Inn East Madison, I saw the flooring in the kitchen peeling up, a dishwasher which didn't seem to fit in the hole it was shoved in, a hole in the fabric of the desk chair and rotted wood on the cabinets under the bathroom sink. My first reaction was, "if they are letting the rooms look like this, where else are they cutting corners". The front desk person and housekeeper I spoke with were both very friendly. When I was checking back out they let it slip that the rooms have not been renovated in 11 years and the average for the Marriott chain is every 4-5 years.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mpls1970
jnorman76
Reviewed March 16, 2010

This is a great spot for a quick family vacation. Solid breakfast, nice pool, good space, nice elliptical in the fitness center. We had a two-bedroom suite, and while it had some imperfections, I would definitely go back with the kids.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
Reviewed March 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for four days. The room was very clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was decent and offered choices (yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, fruit--and french toast on Saturday). It also has a little exercise and pool/hot tub area that was clean and well kept. The free internet worked well. The high point, however, was the friendly staff--everyone including the desk staff, breakfast room attendant, and maid were very helpful and friendly. It was rainy while we were there and the desk clerk even found an umbrella for me! The rooms do not have views--but we weren't expecting them to and the proximity to stores and restaurants was a fair trade for a view. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple