“Standard Residence Inn qualtiy”

Residence Inn Madison East
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Madison
“Standard Residence Inn qualtiy”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

if you've stayed at a Residence Inn before, this place is just like all of the others: it's clean, fairly priced, and the staff is pretty nice. No complaints here at all, but it's location is not optimal within the city of Madison as it's located on the far east side so if you're doing something downtown you may want to check down there first. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Ee978,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Madison East. I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was just OK. Our goal is to impress our guests, and it seems that we did not do this. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next visit to Madison.

April T.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
new york
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The staff at this property is extremely nice and goes out of the way to help. The rooms have been re done recently and are in great shape. The desk has modified power strip that can house 4 or 5 plugs what a great idea. Wireless was good and breakfast while the standard fare at this type of property was displayed nicely and very clean.

The hotel is about 15 minutes from downtown and surrounded by lots of food, many open 24 hours.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful rooms are very well laid out, breakfast is tasty, cocktail hour with dinner Mon-Thu is convenient, and staff is friendly. My only complaint was the thermostat resetting itself on the middle of the night to 64° every night.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Milton, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed here on for business. As others have said, it is reasonable. I found an internet special for $89.00, so with tax, about $100.00 for a 1 bedroom suite on the pre-pay special. I was NOT recognized as a Marriott rewards member...& my keys weren't activated when I went to my room, so had to have housekeeping let me in. The room was spacious & clean. I was delighted that the room temperature was warm as we are in the "polar vortex" right now. I had asked if breakfast would be ready a little early as I had to leave around 6:30am & they said they thought so. It was, so very pleased to run out the door with a to-go box of scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit & yogurt as well as coffee!! I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room away from the elevator. I was put on the second floor in the far corner...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel between Dec 11 and 14. I have been in other residence inn hotels. to my surprise, it was not clean (toilet bowl had permanent stains) and room designs were not good. I stayed in 1 BR unit and felt that it was cramped, including restrooms. I would think twice before going there again. However, breakfast was good and staff were very polite and courteous.

Room Tip: No specific suggestions
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Vedictraveller,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that my staff was polite and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I would like to apologize that the rest of your stay did not meet your expectations. I appreciate all of your feedback, and hope that the next time you find yourself in the area you will give the Residence Inn Madison East another opportunity to impress you.

April T.
Cedar Rapids, IA
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here on business and this is very affordable option for east Madison. Hotel is quiet, clean, rooms are large. They have complimentary breakfast everyday and dinner Monday-Thursday. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here on business for a couple of days. Location was fairly close to the mall and restaurants. The rooms were big and divided by a door to bedroom. The hotel areas had strange size dirrerences like big bedroom and very small bathroom and tub. The hotel was a little musty smelling in the hallways and lacked attention to detail in the last remodeling job. Most of the door looked very cheap compared to the room. This is a good place to stay if you are in town for a week and want to use the kitchenette area. Breakfast was continental and the had a small convience item area. There is a resatuarant accross the street. The pool, spa, and exercise area were well kept. Staff was nice but somewhat slow when performing general tasks. Good place to stay for a couple of weeks if you want to use the kitchenette. I was in a queen suite that reminded me of an apartment building room for one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear WItraveler2000,
Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allows us to improve the quality of our products and services. I hope you were able to enjoy our pool and exercise area while you were here. I apologize that my staff did not offer exceptional service to you, and will address this with them. We look forward to your next visit.

Rick D.