New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #39 of 61 Hotels in Madison
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Rooms are nice,clean and big.Wife and I stayed in a one bed studio ,Full size fridge two burner stove top etc..For the two of us it was perfect.Nice pool ,spa was cold.Breakfast was excellant,only draw was coffee kept running out. The only real problem was parking a camper took up three spots and a car with a trailer took up three more ,people had to park at Comfort inn or Perkins. Two of the kids and their 2 boy's stayed in a 2-bedroom real nice, only kitchen difference the had oven with 4 burners.

Room Tip: Stay on third floor ,floors are thin you hear every foot step above
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer S, General Manager at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us in July. It is always so great to hear that my staff and hotel have met or exceeded the expectations of our guests. I apologize that there was a lack of parking spots in our lot and that you were forced to park at Perkins. Please know we do our best to accommodate every one of our guests and that this is something we will do our best to keep from happening again in the future. Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Madison.

Jennifer Schneider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Loomis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks, without one complaint. This Hotel was recently updated, clean and the Staff was extremely friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: All rooms have been recently renovated and all have easy access to the Lobby and stairwells.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us in July. It is always so great to hear that my staff and hotel have met or exceeded the expectations of our guests. I am very glad you had such a wonderful stay and I hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Madison.

Jennifer Schneider
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I felt some trepidation when I walked in and could smell the fresh paint. The main lobby/breakfast area was under reconstruction and it looked pretty bad when I checked in. I was not looking forward to the four nights I would be there.
But then I got to my room. It felt huge and had a great layout. The color scheme was friendly, but understated.
I loved having a full-sized fridge and decent microwave. The bed was comfortable and I was actually able to find a pillow that was not too big or too soft for my preferences.
The breakfasts were the best I've had in a residence type hotel, and the evening meals were simple but good.
If I could, I'd love to go back once the remodeling is done. It was a great stay, in spite of the construction.
Plus the staff was very friendly and helpful

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pleasant View, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Marriott chain hotels, and rarely have anything remotely bad to say, but this is one of those times. Upon arriving I encountered construction, to the point I felt unsafe even entering. There was excess dust and something not right with the air in the building. Throughout my stay I would classify all the entrances/exits as "unsafe" due to the construction. The workers were also cutting tile in the parking lot (near the entrances) without any safety measures in place. The hotel is immediately adjacent to the Red Roof Inn & after 7pm I was seriously disturbed by a semi backing into the parking lot, whiched seemed to take forever. Given the construction and condition of the building it was absolutely unfair to be charged the full rate for the hotel, if anything it should be closed until the construction is complete.

Stayed March 2012
Jennifer S, General Manager at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
I want to thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as our staff. I want to assure you that all of these issues have been addressed. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Residence Inn Madison, WI another try next time you stay in the area.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I loved this hotel! The front desk staff were welcoming, woman attending the marvelous breakfast buffet was very nice. Our room was nicely-decorated, had nice layout. A bit hard to find among the mass of hotels in the area, but worth the search.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Sauk City, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

I don't have a lot to say about this place other than amazing! They offered incredibly fresh light snacks on our arrival evening and breakfast in the morning was far above average. The room was perfect for family travel or business and the separated bedroom was a refreshing difference. Pool was small but satisfactory for a business hotel, it was completely clean however.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

When we walked into the hotel we were immediately floored by an overpowering citrus aroma from a cleaning agent they use. That's okay, it merely means to me that they have cleaned recently, and that is a good thing. Check-in was smooth, and we went to our room within 10 minutes.
When we walked into the room, it smelled a bit stale. I couldn't quite figure that out. The rooms were clean enough, the baths were clean, the kitchen was clean. Everything seemed to be all right. But when we went to bed, there it was! That stale smell, only now it was more powerful.
I finally figured it out. Clean rooms, clean baths, clean sheets, but the blankets and the bed covers were way overdue for dry cleaning. The staff had changed the sheets and towels routinely each and every day, but had never bothered with the blankets. They smelled like somebody had sacked out on top of them every day for a year. Not a stench of BO, but it was this morass of human odor that had built up over time.
Outside of that the hotel was nice, the staff was pleasant, and the pool was clean.
The breakfast food was good, and there was no other unpleasantry.
OK Marriott! Time to review the cleaning lists!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family