“A typical hotel stay”

Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Henderson, Nevada
“A typical hotel stay”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I stayed here for only 2 nights, so I wasn't really using it as some here have - and an extended hotel visit. My two nights were satisfactory. The room is pretty sizeable (they are suites, so this would be expected). The only real downside would be the television set. It was a REALLY old set. The picture was bad enough that I felt the need to check the manufactured date on it - December 1991. Yes, an 18 year old television. I doubt this hotel is that old, which makes me wonder where they bought the TV...and makes me wonder if any of the other furniture was bought used.

I didn't really have any interaction with the hotel staff other than checking in and out, so I can't judge them.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Winfield, Illinois
Reviewed October 25, 2008

I must say our first night at this hotel was fine. The room was clean, decent breakfast, nice isolated pool for the teens to make some noise and not disturb.
What happened the next night was a travesty, and has never happened in my travels before.
We were staying with a group, 3 double suites reserved. All of us families in town to see a UW football game. An expensive road trip for the families, but looking forward to a fun experience.
Our friends arrived at noon on Saturday, and checked in. They were told their room was almost ready, being cleaned, but they could join us tailgating at the stadium and management would place their luggage in the room as soon as available.
Great, right? No the nightmare has just begun.
Well this was a night game. We returned at near midnight, and our friends room was given away!!!
There were no rooms available within an hour radius. We are talking families with children here. This hotel OBVIOUSLY is going for the family market here. To make matters worse, they had done the same thing to at least two other groups.
They just shrugged it off. What?? We fortunately had two rooms to split up 8 people, but what about safety! One family was going to sleep in the lobby. One woman ended up sleeping in her car.
It is unbelievable that a room was given away AFTER it had been checked in and paid for.
No excuse for treating customers this way at all.
Be warned and stay elsewhere, especially at a busy time of year, where your room may be given away on a whim if you are not present staking claim to your room24 hours a day.

• Liked — would have given a decent review if they knew how to run a hotel
  • Disliked — gave away room for 8 that had already been checked into
Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank WinfieldRDH
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 30, 2008

This was our 1st time staying at a Staybridge and it was wonderful! We enjoyed the large breakfast layout with the "make-your-own-" waffles. The evening socials with food and wine were nice too. The bbq area was by the pool so it was easy for us to have a little family picnic. The pool was open late which was good since we always got back late.

We really enjoyed having a full kitchen in the rooms. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of room for bags and other stuff.

There were restaurants and plenty of stores nearby. It was 30 minutes from the Dells, but we were cool with that. We got more for the price than we would have at the hotels/motels there.

• Liked — The entire hotel
  • Disliked — The distance from the Dells
  • Stayed July 2004
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Keinika
New England
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I stayed at this place for 4 weeks Monday through Thursday for a month.
They quoted me a price and said if I stayed 4 weeks I would get a discouted rate.
I told them I would stay Mon-Thurs for the month and they said fine, we'll give you a discounted monthly rate where yu don't have to pay the taxes.
They charged me for 30 days on my MasterCard and I ended up having to pay it.
The Management there is crooked, deceitful and VERY rude to the customers.
DO NOT stay here unless you want to be treated like trash.

• Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LaBeets
Lexington, MA
Reviewed March 20, 2006

My family (2 adults and 2 kids under 7) stayed at the Staybridge Madison East for 2 nights in February, 2006. I have stayed at numerous hotels in Madison over the past few years, and would rate this one highly and a top choice for people traveling with children.

We chose this hotel to be able to have a sitting area separate from the bedroom (with a door) so that the adults didn't have to go to sleep at 8:00. I felt the rate (about 90 bucks) was very fair for the room size and quality, and a better than average value for Madison. Room was very clean and almost seemed new. Kitchenette was a nice touch, although we only used the fridge.

Hallways were clean and quiet on the weekend we were there. No noise penetration into the rooms, as far as I could tell. The bedroom, with 2 queens, was a bit cramped, but with the living room, the overall living space was more than adequate.

Staff was courteous and helpful when needed. The indoor pool is an a nice, sunny outbuilding that is connected by a walkway to the hotel. It was much larger than I expected and a really nice touch, especialy on the frigid weekend we were there.

The breakfast buffet had several hot and cold selections (including healthy cereals, yogurt and fruit) and was attended to by a dedicated staff member who kept everything replenished. The buffet area is a little small which led to some traffic jams, but really, not a big deal.

Free washer and dryer use is a VERY nice touch when traveling with small children and their unexplainable stains.

Location wise, this hotel is a bit off the beaten path for tourists or vistors who plan to spend most of the time in Madison's downtown or University area. Its not a bad drive (about 10-15 minutes with easy access to East Washington Ave, or the Beltline Highway) but it is on the far east outskirts of town. There are numerous dining options in the area (a short drive) ranging from standard family chains to a decent steakhouse and a solid, low priced noodle restaurant. The only dining option that was walkable seemed to be Pizzeria Uno. There is a mall nearby if shopping needs arise.

I have now stayed in both Madison area Staybridge Suites (the other is on he far west of Madison in Middleton) and I believe they are owned and run by the same family. Both are excellent choices, especialy if traveling with a family or you need a little extra space.

I will stay here again. If you need a suite-type accomodation,and don't mind a short drive to Madison attractions, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank ng2006
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 27, 2005

Typical newer all suites motel. Nice large pool area; pool water was cold. Hot breakfast was nice but breakfast area VERY small and cramped. People lingering over their coffee should return to their rooms so others can sit. Free laundry! High speed internet in lobby was nice. Huge cable t.v. channel selection is nice. Overall satisfied.

• Stayed October 2005