“Just okay.”

Staybridge Suites Madison East
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I would recommend this hotel if you are only staying for a single night. Our room was clean and well kept. However, beds and pillows are pretty uncomfortable. I'm young and woke up with a sore back. Another family member was sleeping on the pull out and had a similar experience (mattress actually slanted towards the back of the couch and was very thin (could feel the bars underneath). Otherwise, pool and hot tub were nice (although very salty....maybe salt water vs chlorine?) My main reason for the "Average" score is the breakfast and breakfast staff. The staff member assigned to monitor (aka police) the breakfast area on 4/13/2013 was a little over-bearing. Oatmeal was cold and soupy; fruit was over-ripe and possibly previously frozen; eggs were slimy. Go out for breakfast!
Otherwise, front desk staff were very nice and accommodating. However, will probably opt to stay at the Sheraton in Madison for our next visit. Check them out first! Quality all around.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I am sorry to hear our breakfast staff gave you the wrong impression. We strive to give all our guests the best possible experience and to become your only lodging choice when visiting Madison. The staff has learned about your comments and we will make sure that our efforts to maintain it well stocked during busy days don’t make our clients feel uncomfortable. Also, I understand some of our furnishings have not aged quite as well as others and so, we are preparing to undergo an extensive renovation later this year. I hope we get to see you in a future occasion and have a chance to make a better impression.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed 3 nights on business.
Upon arriving from Madison Airport, myself and 2 others in our party stopped by the front desk to ask directions to a grocery store in walking distance.
The GM Fausto suggested that we let him take us. He patiently waited for 30 minutes while we shopped.
One evening he spotted me in the lobby phoning for a cab to take us to dinner, he said he would be happy to give us a ride again.
Fausto is very attentive, and genuinely sincere when asking about our accommodations and making sure our visit is a great experience.
Meeting rooms are clean and lighting is perfect for group activities.
My room was very clean and spacious. Quiet and relaxing environment. I highly recommend this property for business or pleasure. If you have a opportunity to stay here, seek out the GM Fausto, he will make your day!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear FaustoFan,

Thank you so very much for your comments; I'm extremely flattered to learn I have a fan. We enjoyed hosting your group very much, and it was our pleasure to be able to take you around the area. I hope we get to host many more people from your company; it was a great experience for us to have such a nice crowd. Thanks again for your kind comments.

Fausto

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

From the greeting we received when we arrived to the clean, well kept room we stayed in, this place was great! I travel a lot for my job and this is one of the nicer hotels I have stayed in. This time happened we happened to be passing through on the way back from vacation and I was pleasantly surprised as I have never stayed at a Staybridge before. I enjoyed the fact they had in house laundry and it was free, as we were both running out of clean clothes! The breakfast was awesome too, not the average Holiday Inn Express same old, there was a great selection including fresh cut fruit. We didn't stay long enough to check out the pool, but that looked nice too! I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Alissa R,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your visit. I'm glad to read you were able to enjoy many of our amenities and the we were able to meet your expectations in all of them. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed weekly for a couple months with my job bringing me to the Madison area. Having a kitchen in the room was a huge advantage for me; one of the reasons I chose to stay here. The suites and lobby sitting area could use some updating when comparing to other hotels. The furniture is worn and needs replacing. Beyond that the front desk staff is friendly and accommodating. Any needs I had were quickly met. The evening social they offer during the week makes it nice to stay in instead of going out for dinner and adds value for what you pay.

The only downfall of my stay was the breakfast. (Also free.) Time after time I would be waiting for it to open at 6:30 only to find no hot food ready. The staff was always running late. I would make do grabbing a muffin or cereal and some juice. If you need to leave early, don't expect hot food ready when they open.

All in all If you are looking for a modern feel and updated rooms I would look elsewhere down the road. If you are looking to stretch your dollar then I would recommend it. Good amenities for the price you pay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim_myminneapolis_MN

Dear Jim,

I am glad to hear your experience was somewhat satisfactory, but my main goal is to make it great every time for every guest. I have taken your comments to our staff as a way to improve on our work and make sure we do not fail to impress future guests. Also, we are preparing to undergo an extensive renovation later this year; our suites will feature that fresh modern appeaI you thought was missing. I hope we get to see you in a future occasion and have a chance to make a better impression.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have stayed here a few times over the past 8 years with family in town & managed to get a deal using priority club points for a multi nite stay. The small efficiency suites have plenty of room for 2 (kitchen utensils & towels for 3) & better layout than Candlewood suites single room units. This hotel has a Holiday Inn Express like free breakfast & nice small warmer indoor pool & nice jacuzzi. No bar & we were not around to try the evening social time. The staff was all helpful. Its up the hill beyond Home Depot.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Everything from our greeting at the desk to the quality of the room to the great breakfast were top notch. We were a little distant from UW but the area around the hotel provided shopping and restaurant choices. We would choose this hotel again when we visit Madison.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm extremely happy to read we made such great impression on you! We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great! You get a mini apartment! Kitchen, desk, sofa, flat screen tv and comfy bed. What is even better is the sun downer. During the week they offer a social with food, beer, wine, and soda. Also a great spread of food in the morning and its all free! The gym is nice and pool area. I would highly recommend especially if u are staying more than a few nights.

• Stayed: January 2013
MadisonStaybridgeGM, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm very happy that you were pleased with all of the amenities that we have to offer! We hope to have you back again soon!