“madison WI”

Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Employees, very helpful and pleasant, rooms clean Fitness room good which is something I look for albeit a tad small. Breakfast average, bannanas were brown and hadn't been replaced the first day I was there but subsequently changed. Hotel worth staying for a night or two on the whole average

Room Tip: Next door there is a Sheraton Hotel very good restaurant, try the Walleye excellent
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
BobLoskill, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our inn.

We recently added freshly prepared pancakes to go with our other everyday items; scrambled eggs or omelettes, bacon or sausage, sausage gravy with biscuits, four kinds of cold cereal, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, a variety of yogurt flavors, oatmeal, assorted breads, muffins, donuts, assorted milk and juice items, bananas and apples, coffee and of course our famous cinnamon rolls.

We apologize that the bananas available were not up to standard and will use your comments to improve in this area.

It's our goal to exceed guest expectations and make your stay more than average.

We hope we have the opportunity to do so for you in the future should you return to the city of Madison.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I will say that I am a big fan of IHG and usually prefer to stay at HI/HIE/CP properties when I can. My company only reimburses me the amount of their negotiated rate with another chain which I don't usually enjoy staying at and I pay the difference to stay with IHG.
This property is very nice for an HIE, the pool and hot tub are always perfect temp wise, never seem at all dirty, and I've never seen these amenities closed.
The breakfast is always very nice (LOVE the cinna rolls!) and the dairy products are as wonderful as you'd expect them to be in Wisconsin!
The rooms are always very nice (I've been upgraded to a corner room, which is larger and very thoughtful of the clerk, since I travel with training materials).
This is one of the cities I always have to rent a car in, and I've never had trouble parking.
I've never been told "no". Late checkout? No problem! Early checkin? No problem!
I've never met anyone there who didn't strike me absolutely loving what they do for a living. It's so refreshing!

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room. I liked the corner room I had a couple times, but that's because I...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kevin J
BobLoskill, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our inn.

Our goal is to exceed your expectations and we are glad to hear that we were able to accomplish this goal.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Madison

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel was nice. Clean. We were able to get a very early check-in before an event at the Alliant Center. It was a great location for us. I usually use the fitness room at hotels, but this one was very small.....a long and skinny room. Kind of weird. (I skipped my workout.) The room did not have a microwave or refrigerator. The fan in the bathroom was quite loud. Breakfast was good, with many choices. I would stay at this hotel again, if I were going to the Alliant Center for an event. If location didn't matter, I probably wouldn't choose this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WisconsinArtie
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Spent two nights here for the OSU vs WI game, good location, easy cab ride to Regent St. and downtown. Rooms were clean and bed was firm as usual, we like soft but what can you do. Right off the highway. Breakfast was good and the employees were all very friendly and helpful. I would return if in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PizzamanMKE
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I travel across the United States by car at least once a year. I travel solo, which can be boring, but to be traveling across the U.S. on the holidays is just plain dreary. I was so happy to find this hotel on Thanksgiving Day of 2012. The young man behind the counter (Vincent) was especially welcoming and we got into a long conversation about building websites. After being in a car for several thousand miles, it was a delight to actually talk to someone. He was extremely courteous and helped me locate an area of town where there might be a chance of something being open on Thanksgiving night. It turned out to be Perkins, but I got turkey and stuffing and pie! I love the Holiday Inn Express chain more than any other because they seem to always hire great people to work the desks. Thank you, Vincent! The hotel is spotless, quiet and easy to find.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Stevan_A
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This property is next to the Sheraton with the comfort of a 5 star hotel. The breakfast has a lot of choices and many of the pastries of fresh baked.

The rooms are cozy and quiet with soft towels. The hotel is about 2 miles from state street, but there are great places to run, walk or jog along the lake.

The University of Wisconsin is just a short drive and the freeway is very close, just a few minutes away.

The Airport is about 15 minutes away and there are plenty of restaurants just a short distance form the hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and if you tell the front desk what you want, they will go out of their way...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank coachpate
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very clean rooms. Attentive staff. Everything we needed for our Parent's Weekend stay for the U of W. Location relative to the University is very good. Really close to the Alliant Energy Center, so if you have an event there, consider the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family