“A good holiday inn”

Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“A good holiday inn”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a fairly typical holiday inn: clean, pleasant, good breakfast (included sausage patties and biscuits and gravy), good location. The room did have a strong smell and a wet spot on the carpet, must be from recent cleaning. A couple of free drinks are offered during happy hour. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Grand Rapids
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Brought the family to Madison for the weekend and really enjoyed our stay here. Inn was close to Capital and near a great Farmer's Market. Hotel is a short walk from the Alliant Energy Center and the event we attended.
We also enjoyed using the bike trail adjacent to the inn. Staff was incredibly helpful with directions and knowledge of the city.
Breakfast was super, internet was free and worked great.
Looking forward to our next visit. Highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mark T
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Clean average sized room - had refrigerator and microwave. Just enough parking.. Easy access to downtown and lake if you have car. Air conditioner never did cool room very well on hot July days

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we were traveling with our Maltese and it proclaimed to be pet friendly. The hotel basics are fine and I have no complaints with that. Unfortunately, we woke up to a bed full of fleas and our little doggie covered in them so the hotel was flea-friendly, too. They did not originate on my dog - he is a non-toxic, home-cooked fed dog and at 4 years old has not experienced fleas until this episode. The fleas seemed to be contained to one bed, but I know this is wishful thinking on my part. Luckily we had peppermint Dr. Bonner's to bathe him with to kill the fleas and after drying him, removed him from the room. We did bring some fleas back with us and I am now trying to go through de-fleaing their life cycle by laundering everything and vacuuming. The whole episode is quite distressing and I am sure we left some fleas at our travel destination, too.

Room Tip: This was room 110.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KatrinkaM
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear KatrinkaM,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Madison.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for one night and was pleased with the accommodation, but more than that, I was very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Upon check-in the staff relocated me to a room that was not directly behind the elevator so that I would be assured of a quiet night. And that's what I got! The room was clean, spacious, and quiet. I was going to an evening show on the other side of town and the desk clerk offered several good places to grab a bite to eat that were close to the theater.

In the morning, I found breakfast to be the typical Holiday Inn North fare, and the cinnamon rolls are always my favorite - they were indeed hot and delicious here. Some of my travels last summer had taken me to a few of these hotels out west and I really liked the regional food offerings there such as biscuits and gravy and Spanish scrambled eggs.

All in all, another good Holiday In Express experience!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Pune, India
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Nice, clean but modest accommodations. Once you see the Sheraton right across, it's modesty comes across starkly. However, you will have all you need to make your stay comfortable. The theme is played out across all aspects - lobby (small, but functional); rooms (neat, comfortable, nothing jazzy); breakfast (certainly fills your stomach with its decent spread, but could get boring due to lack of choice after a couple of days); compact but very clean pool; just about ample parking. The staff is pleasant.
I stayed here on a business trip for over a couple of weeks. Only issue I faced was that they did not have a laundry room, so had to go to a public laundromat!
Location is ok if you have a car. No restaurants nearby - though downtown is about a couple of miles away across the lake.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have to say no matter how great this hotel is the first impression/smell ruined it. The smell was so strong I felt like it followed me into my room. The room wasn't terrible but didn't seem too clean. I will probably look elsewhere if I come back to the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lindsey D
, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Lindsey D,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am really sorry to hear about the unusual smell that you encountered during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Irish V.