“Great dinner outside but check your bill”
Review of The Tipsy Cow

The Tipsy Cow
Ranked #40 of 989 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Green Bay
“Great dinner outside but check your bill”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We wanted to enjoy the nice weather and eat outside and this was the perfect spot. The food was amazing for everything we tried. Staff were pleasant and the atmosphere was good. However when we saw our bank statement afterward we did notice they charged an extra $1 than the receipt we had signed. Maybe an error and it was only $1 so we didn't call them.

Visited June 2013

Wisconsin
“Hello, is there anybody out there?”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Thursday night with a group of friends before concert on Monona Terrace. We were so disappointed in the service from the bartender and servers. No one seemed interested in waiting on us. We encountered at least five employees on arrival and not one offered a table, drink or even a hello. After waiting way too long to be served, I had to ask one of three people behind bar if we could please be served. Food arrived sporadically and for one peep not until everyone else had been served, there is no way to even get close to"Tipsy" here. When we asked why the poor service and lack of management we were told "There is only one bartender". Really? Does anyone here care about customers? Cute outdoor area to people watch, which is nice because you wait forever for service.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank FastGirl39
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I ate lunch here while attending a training for my job. I had an hour for lunch and the service was very fast. I was able to order, eat, and converse with a co-worker without feeling rushed. I ordered the grilled cheese with Nuske bacon and their buffalo fries and both were excellent!

Visited January 2013
Wausau, Wisconsin
“bacon....”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was drunk, I ate the fries covered in bacon, the world was a better place for everyone after that.

Visited January 2013
Wisconsin
“So So”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stopped in here on a recent Saturday night with a couple friends. We decided on this place because the two other places we walked in to had told us to expect a wait of 45 minutes. When we checked in at the Tipsy Cow, they told us 20-30 minutes.
I approached the bar to order a round (4 drinks) and had to flag down the bartender even though there were three within 10 feet. I asked about the beers on tap and he just pointed at the chalkboard on the wall behind the bar. Which would have been fine if I had worn my glasses and the chalk would have been updated, not smeared and faded. When I asked for one of the beers I was told they were out of that one (why not take it off the board then?). We waited for about twenty minutes and then enquiried as to our status, we were told we were second on the list. So, we ordered another round, which was about as pleasant as pulling teeth. The young lady behind the bar stood there looking right past me while she dried some glassware and then walked away. The next bar tender took my order without ever making eye contact. We finished the second round of beers about 20 minutes later and were seated at our table. Our server came over and asked if we needed anything to drink, so I ordered another. She brought the bottled beer back without a glass so I just poured it into the empty water glass at the table. She then proceeded to pour water for the others, and just walked away without offering to get me a glass. We then sat for about another 20 minutes before asking the host why our server hadn't returned. He got defensive and said that they were very busy, but she wasn't serving anyone, she was nowhere to be found. When she returned she apologized for being flighty and said it had been a rough day. Finally got our food about 75 minutes after arriving! Food was better than average bar food, but nothing too exciting. I was surprised that the bulk of their appetizers are just french fries with different sauce options. Waitress was pleasant enough, but not enough to makeup for the long wait and terrible bar-staff.

Won't be returning, too many other really good options in close proximity.

• Visited January 2013