“Fresh sushi”
Review of Red

Red
Reserve with OpenTable
Red is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 990 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Winchester, Tennessee
“Fresh sushi”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We called ahead for reservations for party of 8. The atmosphere was energetic but noisy. We had a lovely table in front of the window and enjoyed multiple rolls, both cooked a raw. Favorites of the group were the volcano roll , the orange crunch, the rain roll, and Godzilla roll. Most of the signature rolls we got were priced around $12 to $14. Seafood tasted really fresh.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
New Glarus, Wisconsin, United States
“Waited 20 minutes and go no service”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

A friend and I wandered in and were seated in a mostly empty restaurant. We were promptly delivered menus. That was the last time we received any service. 20 minutes later 2 other groups wandered in, got menus and drinks and ordered food. No one had yet come and asked us for drinks or food. We left.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Matt B
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We went early on a Saturday night. Being small, the tables had all been reserved so we needed to sit at the counter. As they filled up I began to feel crowded and would have preferred more privacy but the food made up for it! The wait staff is very knowledgeable and helpful but we felt rushed d/t being so busy. I am new to the "sushi world" and not real keen on raw fish. I was impressed with the vegan and brown rice options and our Vegan Roll was tasty with pickled radish and marinated squash. The specialty roll, "Super Volcano", however, was amazing! Topped with fresh seafood and aioli, the flavor was absolutely incredible! I can't wait to go back but will probably try early evening on a weeknight.

• Visited February 2013
Pascagoula, MS
“Very good sushi”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I ate here on a recent trip. There was a nice upbeat atmosphere and the servers were very nice. I had some sushi rolls and uni. Everything tasted very good. I would go back again since it was good and right in the middle of the downtown area.

• Visited April 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“The BEST Sushi!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Wow. This place is delicious. The atmosphere was very comfortable and the service was absolutely wonderful. Everybody was very friendly and the waitress was prompt. We had excellent cocktails (I recommend the Emily martini!) and had a variety of different rolls, my favorite being the Mermaid roll.
If you like sushi, go to Red in Madison!

• Visited February 2013