“A favorite!”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Oliva is a restaurant we've gone back to many times. The food is always great, and the prices are reasonable. One favorite is the shrimp artichoke dish. Other great ones are any of the lamb or eggplant or kebab dishes. The baklava is always fresh, too. The only negatives are that noise seems to echo a bit in the restaurant, and in the winter it can be a little chilly.

1  Thank Viajera51

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I eat at Oliva's frequently...delicious food, nice variety and authentic.

Try it and you will go back often.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Service is very friendly without being to familiar. Food is excellent especially the white pizza and spaghetti and meatballs with the marinara sauce. Ask for Nick the waiter you will absolutely enjoy him, he provides great service and I guarantee he will make you smile. My wife and I eat there at least twice a month and we have never had a bad meal. I highly recommend this one.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Authentic food in a neighborhood setting. Nice Turkish emphasis, with very good pizza and choices on the menu to please most groups. Cozy fireplace area if there is a wait for a table.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I ate at Oliva's on a Friday night. I had been there years ago with a friend and was glad to see it had expanded. We had a short 15-minute wait, which was no problem but it would have been nice if there was an easier way to get a glass of wine to sip on while waiting. I asked the gentleman greeting and was instructed to go to the back by the kitchen area where I was then directed to go back to the front and ask. Finally, my husband was able to get the job done. This is definitely something this restaurant lacks and probably losing out on a lot of revenue as most people I know don't mind waiting for a table but having a glass of wine or beer is a nice. Once seated, the service was a little slow but not horrible. We ordered fried calamari and found it to be piping hot and really delicious and tender. We have this often when going out to eat and this was once of the best I have had here in Madison. The red lentil soup is really nice too...not too heavy, seasoned well. I had stuffed eggplant, which was so delicious I finished all of it. My husband ordered the Doner (gyro) and was not as impressed, but he was expecting more like he has had in his homeland of Germany. It would be really nice if the Turkish bread served could be untoasted and the meat served on it like a sandwich for Doner as is done in Germany with cabbage, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, etc along with the Tzaziki sauce. There are nice wine and beer selections with many imported choices. I had Baklava for dessert and admit it was so delicious I ate the entire serving. I am not sure if it is homemade, but it was wonderful. I would go back again and actually have plans to do so. I have already mentioned meeting with some other couples for what I think would be a really fun and enjoyable evening.