“Always our first choice to stay when in Madison”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Wisconsin Union Hotel
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have stayed at the Wisconsin Union Hotel many times and for many reasons. The location (center of campus) is ideal, the rooms are always extremely clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the underground parking is a bonus, too! When we know we are visiting Madison, the Union Hotel is always my first reservation choice. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 2, 2013

On the upper levels of the new Student Union this hotel is a hidden gem. Staff was attentive when the Keurig coffee maker in our room needed replaces. Best bed in the Midwest and high quality pillows made for a great night's sleep.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
wishotel, Front Office Manager at Wisconsin Union Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Rk J,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review for the Wisconsin Union Hotel. I’m glad to hear that we were able to assist you during your stay, and it’s an even grander compliment to hear that we were able to assure you a great night’s sleep.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed two nights for graduation in May 2013. Rooms were spotless, and for being in the middle of campus, were also very quiet. Lots to see and do right in the area and in the union itself. We'll return again for visits to the campus. On, Wisconsin!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jim and Julie M,

Thank you for your short, and very sweet, review! Housekeeping takes great pride in the work they do every day and this is just the positive feedback they strive to receive. Graduation weekend is definitely one of our busiest weekends, and it is great to hear that everything was at or above the bar we set for ourselves.

Thanks again for staying with us— On, Wisconsin!

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The convenience of this on-campus hotel for a graduation event is reason enough to stay here, but the rooms are beautiful, the breakfast spot and wine bar are fun, and the service is personal and accommodating without being intrusive. To top it all off, it's a high-performance ("green") building, outfitted tastefully throughout with evident Badger pride. My only regret is that I have no upcoming occasion for which to return anytime soon.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear 2RomeSoon,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for what sounds like was graduation weekend! Although separate, the Wisconsin Union Hotel and the Union aim to be the fun and welcoming, on-campus experience you have described. I am so happy to hear that my staff was able to provide you with outstanding service while showing our Badger-pride. I hope you do find a reason to come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had picked up my daughter from O'Hare and didn't want to drive back to Green Bay, so I made arrangements to stay at the Union. I'm an Alumna and my daughter is currently a Sophomore at the UW Madison, so I thought it would be fun to stay right on campus. The cost is appropriate for the location especially since it is right on campus! Excellent service, very comfortable bed, very clean! I'd go back in a heartbeat. The Union has restaurants, a small gift shop, places to study and/or work in a sunny, open setting indoors or one can sit at tables outside (weather permitting, of course). Large flat screen TV's are scattered around the Union some listing the days events and others tuned to CNN, etc. I was very pleased with our accommodations. The Union has come a LONG way since I graduated from there in 1989!

Room Tip: I can't recommend one room over another, but be sure to treat yourself to some excellent ice cre...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First time stay at hotel and it was excellent! The decor was very nice, bathroom amenities were great and fun to hang out at the Union. The reviews say it all! Will definitely come back. Excellent location and service. Noise was not an issue for us. Liked the many options we had around us. Even the art gallery was nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently spent one night here while visiting the U of Wisconsin. I was pleasantly surprised by this remarkably clean, cheerful and comfortable room located right on campus. Bed was a treat, filled with sumptuous pillows. The shower was great -- euro style -- with quality bath products at the ready. If you like red and appreciate the Badgers, you will be delighted by the Wisconsin Union!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
wishotel, Front Office Manager at Wisconsin Union Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear MassFamilyTravelers,

I’m so glad to hear that you found our rooms so cheerful and comfortable. The front desk staff and I, along with house-keeping, push for just the kind of experience you have described above. We hope that if you ever return to the University of Wisconsin, you will stay with us!