“Quiet place for lunch”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E. Main St. at S Webster St
Description: Contemporary American dining just off the Capital Square.
Rochester, NY
“Quiet place for lunch”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Surprisingly dead at lunch - perhaps it was the holiday week or the very limited and narrow menu. Nonetheless what we ordered was quite good, the often mentioned lobster bisque, the risotto and the trout (actually the asparagus and mushroom side was better than the trout which was a bit too heavily breaded). The server was friendly and efficient. The dinner menu also looked small so not sure we would return despite the food being good.

• Visited July 2013

Indiana
“Great service, small plates, and wine list”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stopped in on a Friday late with 10 people and were seated immediately (the staff at old fashioned down the street gave us an attitude and told us it would be over an hour wait). Sooooo glad we ended up at 43 North Bistro. The wine list looked good and although the pours were not generous the quality of my 2010 Zin was good. Among my party, we raved about the roasted dates, the grilled Caesar salad,the lobster bisque, and the carpaccio. Our waitress was stretched a bit on the tables she was covering but managed to take good care of us, even if the service was a bit slow. Overall, an excellent light meal, inventive and enjoyable.

• Visited June 2013
Onalaska, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cozy Intimate Gourmet Dinner”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place was close to the Overture Center where we were seeing "Wicked". Made reservations for an early dinner, although we didn't need to. Definitely try the goat cheese filled dates for an appetizer, and the "lobster bisque was amazing". My husband and I both enjoyed our salads. The service was excellent and they even treated us to a complimentary glass of champagne as my husband was celebrating a special birthday.

Visited May 2013
Merton, Wisconsin
“Good and bad”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Ate their tonight with my wife and UW-Madison student daughter. Nice atmosphere but loud. We ordered the 3 course graduation meal. My wife ordered the green goddess salad and loved it. My daughter and I ordered the lobster bisque and it was almost tasteless. I've never seen my daughter not finish her bisque except for tonight. For our entree, my wife and I ordered the hen and daughter ordered the beef tenderloin and all three were very good. All of our desserts (I can't think of the names of them) were disgusting. My wife and daughter barely touched theirs they were so bad. Our wine was excellent but service was very slow. This restaurant has potential but not there yet.

Visited March 2013
funbug05
“Great Bread, Wine and Stuffed Figs”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Attended with a large group, so we had a special menu. The staff was excellent and handled the group with grace and ease. They made our night extremely pleasant. I don't really like figs, but these stuffed figs are warm and delicious. I would go back just to have that appetizer again. That being said, the salad (beets and greens) and the Halibut were also wonderful. Highly recommend.

Visited April 2013