“Many options, and I chose the wrong one”

Sprecher's Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #47 of 990 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Greenway Boulevard
Transit: Located at local bus line stop.
Description: Sprecher's Restaurant and Pub highlights a wide variety of beers from Milwaukee's own Sprecher Brewery. Our menu consists of American Comfort food at its best. Starting with wood fired steaks and ribs, delicious chicken and seafood entrees, hand made flatbreads and pizzas, a variety of pastas, signature salads and hearty sandwiches. Our full bar also offers innovative cocktails and a comfortable lounge area.
“Many options, and I chose the wrong one”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was right across from my hotel.
We walked over and were greeted by a very pleasant hostess when we walked in the door. We sat in a booth in the bar area. Our server was very pleasant and attentive. She was nice enough to tell us that we were there during happy hour so the appetizers were all cheaper. There was no way we would have known that otherwise.
Appetizer - fried cheese curds. Delicious. They came with three different dipping sauces and were small one bite pieces.
For dinner I chose the sauerbraten and spaetzle. It was good, but not quite as I remember from when I lived in Germany. Almost seemed like the sauce was a little gelled. Not something I would order again. It came with carrots as the veggie on the plate. There was an over abundance of them.
I did enjoy the beer selection. They offered tasters at $1.75 a glass and they were pretty nice size. The only complaint I would have is that some of the tap beers on the list were not available.
I did not try dessert, but did have coffee. Nothing special about it, but it tasted ok.
If I were to stay at the same hotel again I would probably go back to Sprecher's because there were many things I might be interested in trying, and again, the beer tasters were nice. I wouldn't make a special trip there from another hotel. I wasn't impressed enough to do that.

Visited April 2014

Richfield, Wisconsin
“Off the Beaten Path and Worth The Stop”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been dog walking past Sprecher's for the past couple of years, so we decided to give it a try. We actually went there twice, once for lunch, with our Mom, and once for dinner with a few other family members. Our lunch-time visit was surprisingly uncrowded. We were served quickly, and the food was good. When we returned most recently, we were seated in the same area, in a booth, and we appreciated that the area in which we were sitting afforded us the ability to talk to each other without shouting. It was very crowded the evening we were there, and had no problem conversing. Both times we visited, I had the same thing because it was good: the black bean veggie burger. It comes with pepper jack cheese, avocado ranch, lettuce, tomato and onion on a ciabatta bun. My Mom, normally a "meat eater" also enjoyed the burger, as did my sister. All complimented the way it was presented and cooked. One of our family had the flatbread pizza, and the other had the pulled pork sandwich -- again, great reviews. You can't go to Sprecher's without enjoying its root beer. My husband and I each had a real beer -- the Black IPA, and the Special Amber. Both went well with our entrees. We had only one difficulty when we dined at Sprecher's for dinner. When my sister's food arrived, the server accidentally dropped her plate in front of her -- bean burger and her side of cranberry pecan rice flew all over the place. It was cleaned up, and it was replaced quickly. We had thought my sister might be comped her meal or offered a dessert for the "mess" created. Instead, and one has to laugh at this, we were charged for both of her veggie burgers! They did take the wrecked one off the bill, but that was it. We were OK with it, but each of us had thought she would have been offered something for having worn her first meal! Yes, we'll be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank divaw0rld
Belleville, Wisconsin
“Excellent Food and Great Beer”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have been holding our Madison Navy League Monthly meetings here. I have had burgers here. Very good. They have a healthy choice menu, which I plan to try next month. My wife loved her Ruben Sandwich. Food was served hot. Excellent wait service.

• Visited March 2014
“Yummy ROOTBEER!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Hard ROOTBEER is very tasty. Not sure if more than a glass would taste great though. May need a change. I am not a rootbeer lover and I found it really tasty. Staff was interesting. He was from Jamaica and telling us about himself. Quesdillas are awesome here. Real chunks of chicken and red and green peppers. Just really yummy.

• Visited February 2014
“If you have to describe how you want your drink made, watch out!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Went to the restaurant on February 28th for dinner. I had one of the flatbread pizzas. Very good. My father had the Ruben sandwich. It was cold on the top on warm on the bottom. My mom's meal had no complaints. Here's the kicker though. My father had to describe how he wanted his Manhattan to be made. From the type of glass to the drink ingredients. All bartenders should know how to make a double Korbel Manhattan on the rocks with olives in a tub glass!