“Very good”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Very good”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The third floor outdoor deck was very nice. Sitting outside with a good meal and great weather made for a awesome experience. Food and service was excellent. Great menu.

Visited May 2014

Bloomington, Illinois
“Just average”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I tried Brickhouse BBQ on the last night of a business trip. I tried the Ribs. I normally like baby back, but decided to try the St. Louis style since that is what was on the menu. The ribs were just average. The flavor was ok and the sauce was a little spicy but ok. The beans were definitely spicy so I didn't eat a lot of those. The cole slaw would have been better if it were creamier. and the cornbread was average as well. The meal wasn't bad, but wasn't anything that knocked my socks off either. If I go back I will try another menu item.

• Visited May 2014
“New Favorite Restaurant in Madison! ”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

$5 "Original Concoction"Bloody Mary & Cow sidecar on Sunday? Yes, please!!!

Seriously delicious Hawaiian Pork w/ a sweet potato mash on the side? Yum!

Great Bartenders who really care about their customers. Beautiful & spacious bar & enough TVs to keep you in tune with your favorite baseball game.

I highly recommend a visit.... They even have a happy hour. Enjoy!

Madison, WI
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I've been there a number of times and each time my experience has been different. The first time we were there with a group of about 15 and we had a new waiter. He did not know the menu or the beers very well. I ordered a beer of the menu and he told me they did not have that beer. I pointed out they do. I've never had an excellent meal there, either. Quite honestly, the real reason I go there is because it's close to the Kohl Center for basketball games and I get bonus airline miles for using my credit card there. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably not go there.

• Visited January 2014
Plymouth, Wisconsin
“Took my college kids out”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was encouraged by my son, a UW-Madison student, to take him and my daughter, who visiting from the University of Minnesota, out to the Brickhouse BBQ. I expected just another quirky campus restaurant, but I was surprised at how clean and well-maintained it was. We visited early on a Saturday evening while there was a major sporting event going on at the Kohl Center, but we didn't have to wait for a table or for service. My kids both like BBQ food and were excited by the menu options. I chose the Saturday special prime rib and was pleased with the quality. They have an amazing amount of beers on tap. The brew that I initially chose was not available, but the server suggested an alternate that hit the spot. The side dishes that came with the entrees were quite good.

• Visited March 2014