“Authentic BBQ at reasonable prices”
Review of Brickhouse BBQ

Brickhouse BBQ
Ranked #269 of 1,008 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The ribs here are fantastic. Atmosphere is quaint but fun. Service was very good. However, the bartender was a bit surly upon hearing that the beer I was served had been contaminated with another product. He just couldn't believe that a beer would taste off if it was the beer in the line. After a bit of a hassle the bar manager came out and admitted that the line had previously contained a raspberry beer (off-flavor detected in my glass), agreed it was off and poured me a different beer to replace it.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have to confess, I've had better BBQ around the country. Brickhouse still earns 4 stars for me because they are consistently good. The waitstaff is attentive, and the beer list is always got something for everyone. The meat is tender, the sausage flavorful, and the sauce is tasty. I'm glad that they've moved to putting bottles on the table instead of the little cup routine they ran with for quite some time. The corn bread is good, and perhaps is the weak spot when you don't get a warm portion.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very good BBQ ribs, brisket, and pulled pork. Service was good and attentive but not polished. Good selection of beer but they seemed flat and stale. Overall a good choice in Madison for BBQ.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Visited with 10 other people for a birthday meal. Everyone in our party ordered a separate menu item and we also had 3 appetizers. Everyone thought their meal was AWFUL and a few people could not continue eating after only several bites !!

During our meal the Madison police came in on 2 separate occasions and dragged out people in handcuffs who were causing problems.

Extensive selection of beers apparently from local/regional brewers. There was no description of the beer on the menu and every beer we ordered was just plain bad.

The servers could barely get 2 words out of their mouth and made no effort to make us feel welcome.

This is a terrible excuse for a restaurant and I was just happy I didn't have to visit the kitchen before I left.........(can't imagine what it looked like!)

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Easily the best barbecue I've had in Wisconsin. Great sauce options, spectacular bourbon and beer selection and they do an excellent job with their meat. This is one of my top spots to eat on Madison.