“Good quick lunch!”

North and South Seafood & Smokehouse
Ranked #56 of 990 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We originally opened as Joey's Seafood and Grill in 2005. We added smokehouse items to the seafood favorites we already served. We are now North and South Seafood & Smokehouse. We want our guests to enjoy the cuisines that both my husband and I have enjoyed throughout our lives, living in various parts of the country. We hope guests will associate North and South with excellent seafood and smoked items, from Alaskan halibut to Texas style brisket. We have a full bar that serves craft cocktails designed by 3 Count Beverage, craft beer and a nice selection of wine. We have the earliest happy hour on the west side of Madison, 2:45-6:00 daily, with other daily drink and food specials. For lunch we can get you in and out quickly or would love to cater your business luncheon. Locally owned and operated by Keith and Erin Stoesz.
Wisconsin
“Good quick lunch!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Came for lunch---must have been the senior citizen day as all the seniors were there....but anyway read that they had great fried pickles in a local paper review---not on the menu but if you ask for them you get 'em. Quite good! unlike another reviewer the service was quite good! Lunch was crab cake and shrimp scampi....shrimp could have used more garlic otherwise fairly tasty....

• Visited January 2013

Madison, Wisconsin
“HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you want to get ripped off and get treated like your eating at the local buffet, go to Joeys Seafood. My husband and I came here to eat all you can eat crab legs and spent over $100, we received the most horrible service I have ever had in my life! It was more like a fast food restaurant. The waiter handed us our plates and expected us to place them on the table our selves, our drinks were never refilled, I asked for a spicy Bloody Mary and he told me I would have to spice it myself and that he will bring out a bottle of Tabasco to the table. After just an awful experience, I decided to call the manager the next day. She stated she was the owner. Wow, what an owner! I was trying to tell her what happened and she cut me off short and rudely said she had a line full of people waiting. I really don't care if you had 1000 people waiting! I was also a customer the other night! Obviously you don't care about return customers. Ugh!

Visited January 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great seafood in the Midwest”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I took my brother and his wife here when they visited us recently. Our first trip to the place, too, and it was well worth it. The simple exterior in a strip mall doesn't begin to tell the story. The service was excellent, and the food was fantastic. I had the Shrimp Trio, which included their coconut shrimp and a choice of two other varieties. I took the hand-battered and the grilled. The hand-battered was a bit greasy, but the other two were excellent. I'll certainly be back, probably taking more friends and family when they visit.

“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our luncheon visit included the Seafood Combo (fried popcorn shrimp and lightly battered Haddock). The Haddock was mild, sweet with a delicate battered coating. The popcorn shrimp were not special. They lacked flavor and seemed to have come out of a frozen bag. My partner had a delicious combo of salmon and cod. The salmon had a pleasant salsa of cilantro, avocado, orange, pepper, drizzled with lime. French fries included with each entree were very average. Corn meal muffins offered to start the luncheon were excellent. The atmosphere is pleasantly casual and wait staff very competent. Qualtiy/value is very good.

• Visited October 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“AYCE shrimp”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Came here with a group of friends to celebrate. Most were locals who were familiar with Joey's and their Thursday all you can eat shrimp special. So I followed suit and ordered this- the price was $20 for many types of shrimp and two sides. The shrimp were prepared grilled, battered, sauteed or poached, some shrimp flavors had a $1 per order upcharge. With the two hopalicious ales, my bill was almost $30 (gratuity included). The decor and presentation were more of a family style low end seafood type place (think Red Lobster gone local) Friends say the crab all you can eat is good too. Staff were friendly and our crowd had fun. It's important to know its in a strip mall so not so easy to spot from the main drag if you are looking for a stand alone place.

• Visited September 2012