$319
  • Breakfast included
$305
$271
HIExpress.com
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
$240
ComfortInn
AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West(Madison)(Great Value!)
$187
Best Western East Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
$286
$722
$699
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsstate streetgreat locationcapitol buildingfree breakfastrooms are hugewithin walking distancefree shuttlemile radiusoatmealcorner roomsmall poolper nightfarmers marketfresh fruitmodern decorfront desk staffkohl center
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Place for a week during Thanksgiving. The hotel is clean and the rooms are are very spacious. We like the big sofa separate from the bed. Breakfast and internet were included in the room. Breakfast was very sufficient and hot items were varied each day. They include a tray in your room so you can bring breakfast back up if you feel like eating in your room. The bathroom sink is outside the shower/toilet room which is nice, but the shower/toilet room is quite small. We had trouble with the heating system, being very hot even with the heat off. We reported this to the front desk and they came the next morning and repaired it and gave us a discount on the room which was an added bonus. They do charge $10 a day for parking but it is covered which is helpful in Madison during the winter.
The location is excellent for getting around either by car of foot. Easy walking distance to the Capitol Square and State Street. We went to a concert at the Majestic Theater one night and it was nice not to have to worry about parking and driving home. I would definitely stay here the next time we're in Madison.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and a Hyatt platinum rewards member. I eagerly looked forward to this stay and a weekend in Madison. The location of the hotel is great.
At check in I was not acknowledged nor given my requested room type
The hotel was dirty
The hotel was noisy. Construction site next door began work at 6 am Saturday
The breakfast was not the traditional Hyatt place breakfast I have come to love. It was cold fake eggs, fatty sausages and the rotten bananas were a nice touch
The staff was not friendly nor helpful
What a disappointment

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sedch
Reviewed December 3, 2013

great location, across from the capitol. easy access to campus. the rooms are clean and comfortable. the staff were quite friendly, although we only had a minor amount of interaction with them. reasonable rates, and more than adequate facilities...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank trvlalot312
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The room was good, nice and modern, clean. The staff was not very helpful at all, there were four of us, my wife, and two daughters, so we had a cart full of luggage, all of them stood at the desk and did not even ask my wife or daughter if they needed any help with the luggage. We asked for some advice on food and other entertainment, were not helpful at all. It sad I had to go to the Best Western Hotel and get better service and advice. Would I stay again, no. Need lessons on Customer Service. I chose this based on reviews but sometimes it does not work out as in this case.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend for my son's hockey tournament. I found the place very clean, staff to be very helpful and pleasant and the checking in to be consistent of Hyatt Places -which I enjoy and find convenient. The pool and the exercise room are standard issue (small for these types of hotels), but the location makes up for this. One thing to be aware of is that I was charged $10 per night for parking privileges -this I didn't appreciate.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends