Hyatt Place Madison
The Edgewater(Madison)
  • Room Service
HotelRED(Madison)
View Hotel
All reviewsstate streetgreat locationfree breakfastcapitol buildingrooms are hugetwo blockswithin walking distancemile radiusfree shuttleoatmealsitting areasmall poolper nightfarmers marketfresh fruitfront desk staffshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Traveling in this part of Wisconsin, nothing better for price and location than Hyatt Place, Madison. Barique's Coffee is within 1.5 blocks walking toward the capitol A+++ coffee shop. Hotel has the basics a business traverer could want, very nice staff. Thank you ANNA on the last stay! She scanned a document for me, very hard to do when traveling, and emailed it to me - awesome help! They might want to recognize the fact you've stayed there before when checking in, but that's a small improvement to a great hotel and staff. Only thing better would be to have the lotion in the room, than to ask for it at the front desk too :)

Room Tip: Not by elevator or across hall i.e. room X01...vibrations from elevator
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hyatt place is located a short walk from capitol square and state street. Rooms are large and well appointed and are set up for use of multiple electronic devices. Great choice for a business traveler. The room price is great for the location. There is onsite parking in an above/underground structure for $10 per night, (signage for hotel parking is not clear, park on the C or D level or risk being towed)The staff was extremly helpfull with directions and to confirm that everything was satisfactory. My only critisim was the quality of breakfast. While there were a number of options, the fresh fruit was tastless and the waffels were dry. I responded to an online survay sent the next day and noted my conserns with breakfast. The day after I received an email from the hotels general manager who indicated that the hotel would address the situation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

the location in downtown Madison is a good location over all the outside appearance of the hotel is very nice but inside is very deceiving. you have to pay 10 dollars to park in a parking garage behind the hotel which is a rip off if you ask me. I tried to print something in the computer lab they had and it took 20 minutes to print 1 page as a captain kicked off the internet the people other friend us didn't know how to fix it either. I book this hotel 4 days before staying and when I got there they told me I had a queen bed but I was supposed to have working reserved it did take the manager to override it to put me in a king bed for the night. the room is very clean in the bed was comfortable to shower head was really nice but overall it's just very unsatisfied with everything down to the Internet to the service to every time I called on the phone to set up a wake up or link my account number and I was put on hold for over 3 or 4 minutes at a time.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank pperryii
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked two nights at Hyatt Place as a downtown Madison stay-cation. We got a high floor corner room facing the Capitol, and the views were beautiful. The room (and bathroom) was very spacious, extremely clean, and quiet. Beds were comfy, parking was convenient. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We also took advantage of the breakfast served on-site both mornings, which was fresh and of good variety. The price--especially in proximity to the Square--made this place a more than excellent value.

Room Tip: Corner room had tons of sunlight.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for New Years Eve and loved it. It was clean and spacious. Also it was inexpensive. I thought we would have paid a lot more than we did because of New Years and the location. It is very close to the Capital Building. Would stay here again. Beds were comfy too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple