“Great Business Traveler Experience”

Hyatt Place Madison
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Traveling in this part of Wisconsin, nothing better for price and location than Hyatt Place, Madison. Barique's Coffee is within 1.5 blocks walking toward the capitol A+++ coffee shop. Hotel has the basics a business traverer could want, very nice staff. Thank you ANNA on the last stay! She scanned a document for me, very hard to do when traveling, and emailed it to me - awesome help! They might want to recognize the fact you've stayed there before when checking in, but that's a small improvement to a great hotel and staff. Only thing better would be to have the lotion in the room, than to ask for it at the front desk too :)

Room Tip: Not by elevator or across hall i.e. room X01...vibrations from elevator
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hyatt place is located a short walk from capitol square and state street. Rooms are large and well appointed and are set up for use of multiple electronic devices. Great choice for a business traveler. The room price is great for the location. There is onsite parking in an above/underground structure for $10 per night, (signage for hotel parking is not clear, park on the C or D level or risk being towed)The staff was extremly helpfull with directions and to confirm that everything was satisfactory. My only critisim was the quality of breakfast. While there were a number of options, the fresh fruit was tastless and the waffels were dry. I responded to an online survay sent the next day and noted my conserns with breakfast. The day after I received an email from the hotels general manager who indicated that the hotel would address the situation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

the location in downtown Madison is a good location over all the outside appearance of the hotel is very nice but inside is very deceiving. you have to pay 10 dollars to park in a parking garage behind the hotel which is a rip off if you ask me. I tried to print something in the computer lab they had and it took 20 minutes to print 1 page as a captain kicked off the internet the people other friend us didn't know how to fix it either. I book this hotel 4 days before staying and when I got there they told me I had a queen bed but I was supposed to have working reserved it did take the manager to override it to put me in a king bed for the night. the room is very clean in the bed was comfortable to shower head was really nice but overall it's just very unsatisfied with everything down to the Internet to the service to every time I called on the phone to set up a wake up or link my account number and I was put on hold for over 3 or 4 minutes at a time.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank pperryii
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked two nights at Hyatt Place as a downtown Madison stay-cation. We got a high floor corner room facing the Capitol, and the views were beautiful. The room (and bathroom) was very spacious, extremely clean, and quiet. Beds were comfy, parking was convenient. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We also took advantage of the breakfast served on-site both mornings, which was fresh and of good variety. The price--especially in proximity to the Square--made this place a more than excellent value.

Room Tip: Corner room had tons of sunlight.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for New Years Eve and loved it. It was clean and spacious. Also it was inexpensive. I thought we would have paid a lot more than we did because of New Years and the location. It is very close to the Capital Building. Would stay here again. Beds were comfy too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The capitol is at the center of Madison. It occupies a square block. If you walk 2 blocks in any direction you will hit all of the Madison downtown hotels.They are all walking distance to the Capitol or the restaurants etc.

The Hyatt Place is something between a budget hotel and a upscale property. It is similar to what the newer Hilton Garden Inns are aiming for.

This one is nice. The staff are outstanding - more akin to the level of service you would find in an upscale property. The food is decent. You won't eat a fancy dinner here but it's a decent breakfast and quick lunch.

The rooms are OK - good space - I found the furnishings and finishes to be a bit basic. The closet is hard to work with because it is tucked in a corner and has 2 sliding doors.

Note - many of the rooms are shower only - no tub.

The doors do not reach the floor - so some hallways noise enters the room. It is not a big problem but I think I got lucky and the hall was pretty quiet. On a noisier night I would want more sound-proofing.

Overall it is a good call. It is cheaper than the Hilton and the concourse - but if all things were equal I would stay at the Hilton.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am not sure what to make of this place. I hv been to quite a few hyatts but maybe Hyatt Place is a different category? Its definitely not the same as Hyatt Regency. I probably booked it thinking it was the same standard as Hyatt Regency so I cant fault them too much.

Its a simple hotel, if thats what you need and prefer no frills accomodations , it's perfect. Rooms are nice and clean , service mediocre. Again, I am not sure if it is just the fact it is a different category ... maybe thats what it is for that price point.

No mini bar beverages, no room service, just a kiosk downstairs , self serve. Dry cleaning was not brought up, we had to hunt it down... I found it quite interesting, was told I had to go and get it myself bcos there was only 1 staff at times . :) hahahaha

there is a free shuttle which is helpful.. but then again, if u tip the driver like I do, may just end up the same as cab fare into the city. Booked the shuttle for daily departures at a specific time but was told it was not on the folder.... my son had to go to ICE daily ... to be there for 9 only to find out it was not written in! It was one of the reasons I booked with them - the shuttle could take him to ICE.

Without sounding too spoilt, most days I had to walk across to buy lunch if I wanted to dine in. It would be nice if there is room service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business