“Flavors!”

Dining options: Late Night
Madison, Wisconsin
“Flavors!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is a fun and unique bar that is full of flavor in multiple dimensions. The scene and the food are flavorful. You will find a mix of young and old from all walks of life enjoying. I liked the mix of vegetarian and carnivorous dinner options. I had soup, stuffed grilled cheese and a fresh brew that were all delicious and full of flavors, and the others in my party had similar opinions on their selections. The food was highly quality and very reasonably priced although it did take a while to arrive from the kitchen. The place was packed and we did not mind relaxing with conversation. The staff and service are amazing. I still cannot figure out how so few ran the place so efficiently. The wait can be long (no reservations), the interior is not gorgeous (and can be loud) and they don't take credit cards. Overall, I enjoyed myself and will be back.

• Visited May 2014

wisconsin
“Wow! The food is great!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had dinner at the Alchemy last night with gal pals. As soon as you enter the little dive bar/restaurant the smell of delicious food surrounds you. We ordered drinks, which were great; everyone enjoyed their Old Fashion and great beer selection. I had the BBQ pork sandwich; let me tell you I love BBQ pork and this was the very best sandwich I have eaten hands down. The other gals had a mix of sandwiches and burgers which were all very good. Only drawback is they do not separate checks. Oh, and best of all this place is inexpensive; most sandwiches are under $11.00

• Visited April 2014
Michigan City, Indiana
“Amazing "bar food"!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Hate to use the term bar food but it is a bar and it is your usual bar fare. What it isn't...is your usual level of bar food. We had chicken wings, meaty,hot, sweet and yummy. Home cut sweet potato fries with a homemade dip and hot raspberry jam. A fresh salad with home made dressing! The carry the local beers, I had my topped off with Madison's very own Nessalla kombucha! Finished with a margarita made also with Nessalla Kombucha. Got to try both very fresh and crisp drink! Yum all the way around. Also we were in on a Tuesday night and they had a nice local band playing, nice surprise. The server was a sweet young lady that was very informed about the local happenings and enjoyed sharing. We always enjoy hearing about the towns we are visiting. Would highly recommend!

• Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I really enjoyed this place. I've only been here once so I def will give it another try- and hope it's not one of those places that's really good but so so the second time around. I had a burger and my fiance had the curried vegetable dish. We both tried a little of each others and agreed they were both amazing. I do appreciate that they strive to provide locally sourced food which was the biggest draw to trying it out. Only downfall is the cash only. I tend to use my card for everything but luckily my fiance had cash on him when we got there.

• Visited March 2014
“Decent”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

There are a lot of places like this in Madison. Places with excellent beer selection and good food, specifically good burgers. Alchemy is one of these places but it doesn't stand out about the rest for me in any way. It always is very crowded, often a long wait to get a table, but I'm not really sure why. Burgers are not the better than say weary traveler, coopers tavern etc. Beer selection is good though and always is changing which I like.

Visited September 2013

Been to Alchemy? Share your experiences!