“Great spot for lunch!”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I met up with some friends here and I was very pleased with the restaurant as a whole. It's a nice spot that has a good sized menu. I was very happy to see that a lot of their meat and produce are actually local. I had a salad with grilled chicken that was delicious, and the veggie-stuffed grilled cheese and mashed potatoes seemed to be a huge hit as well. We definitely want to go back at night to check out the evening scene and sample the bar a bit. The only complaints we had were that they don't accept cards (they do have an ATM on site though with a pretty small fee) and for those of us that had grilled items (chicken, ribs), they were a bit crispy around the edges.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The restaurant was really cool. It's a little small, so when we first walked in, we were told it would be an hour wait, but we got seats at the bar within 5 or 10 minutes. Had a delicious burger with great toppings and a delicious local beer. Cool place.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Food was fresh and tasty! My husband and I both had burgers which had unique toppings and flavors not experienced anywhere else. The burgers came with one side and we choose the salad. The salad was scrumptious with fresh greens, soft cheese, beets and caramelized walnuts! We also ordered a plate of yummy sweet potato fries. The waitress was slow, but we were in no hurry and there should be no hurry to enjoy such a great meal in a cool little hole in the wall place.

The vibe of the place was excellent with lots of young locals. There is also a full bar. The restaurant showcases photographs from local students that are awesome! And the food is all from local growers and suppliers. Location was in a quaint part of town with other specialty café’s and shops nearby.

1  Thank tinamf79
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

From the outside you'd never known what a treasure of a restaurant Alchemy is. I went with a group of girlfriends for our monthly dinner and was just delighted. Several of the girls had dined at Alchemy before. Each one had trouble recommending a dish to try - only because EVERYTHING is good. I had the Matilda with a salad as my side. The sandwich, layered with squash and basil and cheese, was delicious. The side salad was even a highlight on the plate. To top it off, Alchemy has a good drink selection and a laid back neighborhood restaurant feel. The place was packed on a Thursday night and I hear it is that way most nights. I will be back.

1  Thank barkja
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great food for casual dining. Locally sourced food. Excellently prepared. I can't say enough great things about this place.

Oh, they have a great selection of beer that is always rotating too.

2  Thank Ross B