“Fun place, good food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Fun place, good food”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Besides cupcakes, good entrees and they use locally grown foods. Lots of choices for vegetarians, too.

Visited February 2013

“Great cupcakes.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Daisy's cafe has a limited menu but almost everything I've tried I've liked a lot. I especially like their breakfast options. Healthy food and great cupcakes.

Visited January 2013
“cute- clever- scrumptious”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This place is nails the atmosphere-menu for a little modern diner. Creative menu items that have always been tasty. Fresh local ingredients- decent portions- fair prices. Plus you can get a wonderful cupcake to boot.

Visited May 2012
Arena, Wisconsin
“Cozy restaurant with good food”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Firstly, I wish I could give five stars because everyone in our large group that dined there really enjoyed there food and the dishes were all passed around the table (we like to try what everyone has ordered). They have a large selection of soups, salads, sandwiches and entrees and their Vegan and Gluten Free options are clearly marked. If you need to go Gluten Free, like myself, however, you're out of luck on the sandwiches as at the time of my review they didn't have any GF breadstuffs. I was excited to try their cupcakes as well because they listed that they carried them and I do enjoy cupcakes. Sadly, at the end of our meal, nary a gluten-free cupcake was to be had. I inquired if they had any other desserts besides the cupcakes and their cheesecake which my friends were raving about, and was met with what I felt was a very curt, "No. We have cupcakes and we have cheesecake." Okay then. My friends all felt horrible that I couldn't partake of dessert with them, and then I felt like a "third wheel" because they all felt bad. Lesson learned: pack along a dessert that I CAN eat when faced with this situation.

Overall, the restaurant was neat and clean. The waitress was quite friendly for the most part but was seemed to be wearing thin by the end of our time there as the dining room had filled up almost to full capacity. She was attentive with refilling our waters, bringing out our dishes and cocktails and clearing away unused plates when we were finished.

I ordered the Steak & Egg Salad that came with a very nice house-made vinaigrette and a cup of their 666 Chili (6 veggies, 6 beans, 6 spices). The salad was very nice and the steak was a nice medium/medium-well in doneness. The vinaigrette went very well with the combination of vegetables, greens, eggs and steak. My only quibble was that they didn't ask how I wanted the steak - it was a little overcooked for my tastes. The chili was nice but ultimately forgettable. It'll do if you're there and hungry for chili - vegetarian chili.

The review on the cheesecake was that after the first one was ordered, a second was ordered following the next bite. The review on the cupcakes were that they were "good" but my husband remarked that he preferred the denser cupcakes from another bakery in town to these and also didn't care for the highly-piled, light and airy frosting that adorned those sold at Daisy, again, preferring the denser frosting, more in proportion to the size of the cupcake from the other bakery.

If it were just myself and my husband who had dined there, I'd only give 3 stars, but as there were nine of us, and everyone enjoyed their meals and desserts, four stars it is.

• Visited January 2013
Hephzibah, Georgia
“Did not know food could taste so good”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Different food that is - some I had never had before. Visiting in Madison brought us to the Daisy Cafe two times. It is a very unusal yet charming place, a bit crowded but worth it when one thinks of the food. Meatless meatloaf? - Yes - that is what I ate and found it truly delicious. And their cheese cake??? A dream - everybody with me tasted it and totally agreed with me. One of a kind recipe. It pays to stop by and enjoy, I certainly did.

• Visited August 2012