“Good food in an unlikely location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Crema Cafe
Ranked #140 of 975 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bloomington, Illinois
“Good food in an unlikely location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

On a recent visit to Madison we ate at Crema Cafe for lunch. The food was very good, although it seemed somewhat pricey for what it was. I had the egg salad sandwich and was very pleased the taste. The cookies we had for dessert were a little dry and didn't seem very fresh. The atmosphere is just average. The cafe is located in a strip mall on the south side of the lake. It was clean and open, but didn't have much charm or character. The staff wasn't very friendly. If I was closeby I would stop again, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Food great, I'll get the coffee elsewhere but overall worth the visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stopped here for the first time on a Saturday morning about 11am to try brunch. Place was fairly busy but we did not wait long for our food after ordering and seating ourselves outside.
I had the 'The Blue Bird' which was VERY good and my husband had the 'Prairie Pancakes' which was also tasty with the rhubarb compote. Both the Alterra coffees available were a bit acidic and not worth the 50 cent refills, but I'd go back for the food.

• Visited July 2011