“Great beer and local pizza”
Review of Ale Asylum

Ale Asylum
Ranked #45 of 1,007 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Visit the Tasting Room and enjoy a pint while dining on seasonal menu items such as specialty pizzas, sandwiches and more!
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I like to stop at the Ale Asylum when we are in town. They have great beer, delicious food (we like trying their variety of pizzas), and a fun / relaxing atmosphere. Service has always been fast and friendly.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

My 1st trip here, on a Thursday afternoon. At the bar, Service was initially relative attentive, declined rapidly. Had Satisfaction Jacksin, Bedlam and Ballistic. All pretty satisfactory. Ordering food was a two step process, bartender asked if I'd like a menu, 2nd tender took my order 25 minutes later. Had bruschetta, worst in recent memory. No garlic, lousy bread (not toasty, soft and limp) basil was uncut, (no aroma) and slow refills on drinks. Very friendly and informative customers saved the day, but I'll be hard pressed to return based on this first experience.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I stopped here to try the local beer. Very friendly people and surrounds. I would recommend anyone passing though to stop here to try their beers and food.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went to the Ale Asylum last week for the first time. The beer was good, I had their Brown Ale. I ordered their Bruschetta which was good as well.

I liked the decor and atmosphere there and the bartender (we ate the bar) that served us was a real nice guy. The location is easy to get to right by the airport and there is plenty of parking. I would come back when in Madison again.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Enjoyed the Pulled Pork topped with Contorter Porter BBQ sauce on a pretzel bun and a delicious side salad with Ale Asylums own Blue Cheese dressing. She enjoyed the Hot Ham & Havarti - delicious as always. Sipped a full bodied Big Slick Stout. Thanks Jillian and Otto for making our visit fun. Check out Ale Asylum at the Thirsty Troll Brew Fest - coming up in Mt Horeb or stop by the tasting room at 2002 Pankratz - Madison WI 53704. Ballistic IPA is just days away from being released. Visit Ale Asylum and enjoy - we do.