“Great beer, service meh!”
Review of Ale Asylum

Ale Asylum
Ranked #49 of 1,020 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Visit the Tasting Room and enjoy a pint while dining on seasonal menu items such as specialty pizzas, sandwiches and more!
Reviewed March 28, 2013

First off I will admit, Hopalicious is my hands down favorite beer at the moment. Love the new place, and the food we tried was pretty good as well. The one downside was our bartender. Don't know her name because she never offered it, but she is shorter with blond hair and glasses. She was either having a bad day or is just generally not cut out to be a customer contact type of person, but for whatever reason she was a big downer.
She didn't offer any info about there great beer selection although she did give us samples, but I am not exaggerating when I say she never smiled once until we were leaving! It was just my wife and I, so it's not like we were a bunch of rowdies or something.
We will be back, hopefully not on her shift however.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

On a trip to Madison I made sure to stop in at the Asylum new location. They always have great beer selections and I wanted to try some more on draft. It is big and they have most of their beer selections available and food to order. Pleanty of space for a big group. Employees are very helpful in recommending beers to try based on what you like. I even had to get a shirt while i was there to sport my support. Adults with a good taste for beer, food and a friendly environment should check it out.

1  Thank BlondeItalian
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Ale Asylum is a local brewery that is on the upswing. Having moved to a new location they have invested heavily in a great new bar, new dining area, and plentiful parking. However they've brought along their quirky seating availability which is tough on any groups over about four and they've also built an echochamber. The new location is wonderful to look at the but the noise is unbearable to the point that you have to yell to be heard by a person across the table. If they can fix that problem they'll be in much better shape. Until then, there are too many other options in Madison to put up with the hassle.

1  Thank Ragefarm
Reviewed January 1, 2013

They make great beer and the new, large, pleasant building is a great addition to Madison's North side. Looking forward to drinking there outside next summer. Menus isn't extensive but all four things we've ordered have been good.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Ale Asylum is a wonderful place, they have recently moved to a larger new building very near to the Madison Airport and added a little food and snacks to eat while indulging in their many fine locally brewed beers. I love the success of this once little local brewery and could sing their praises all day check them out if you like beer and are in Madison. I'm also a big advocate of the "buy Local" movement so their story makes me especially pleased. Enjoy!
Be aware, they are no longer and the Kinsman location they have moved to Pankratz near Packers Ave. and International lane.