“This is how a hotel should be run”

Sleep Inn & Suites Madison
Ranked #23 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“This is how a hotel should be run”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I just checked out this morning. This was one of our nicest hotel stays in a long time.

We had booked using Choice Hotels rewards points. My wife asked the front desk girl (I want to say her name was Rachel but I can't be sure) if there were any upgraded rooms we could get and how much it would be. She told us that since we booked using reward points the upgrade would be complimentary if there was a room available. She said there was one room but wasn't sure if it had been cleaned yet. Someone (I believe it may have been the manager) went right upstairs and checked on it immediately. We were in our upgraded room within minutes. Fantastic.

The hotel looks new. Everything was well laid out. We had a hot tub more than big enough for two people. If you're one who likes to watch TV while soaking, you can do so because the TV is on a swivel. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I personally found the pillows extremely comfortable. I'll probably find something similar for my own bed at home. I liked the shower, it was a neat design. It's always helpful to have a fridge and microwave in the room also; it certainly came in handy for us. TV was a flat screen but not high-definition. Not a big deal, I quickly got over it.

We soaked quite a few times in the tub and when my wife called for extra towels, we had them within five minutes. I didn't get up in time to check out breakfast but my wife went downstairs. It sounded promising with eggs, waffles, cereal, and other standard breakfast fare. This was a Badger game weekend and like most other hotels, it seemed like it was a full house. That made the level of service we received even more impressive.

There is no restaurant/bar/store on-site. The hotel is on the outskirts of Madison and is a bit out of the way. It's not very far to the highway and there were plenty of places to shop and eat within a 15 minute drive. The relatively isolated location made for a quiet stay. I occasionally heard people walking around but it wasn't loud by any means and didn't bother me or my wife.

We actually didn't want to leave because our room was so comfortable. We were in Madison to visit an eye-care center for my wife. She has another appointment later this year and unless the place is booked, we'll certainly be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hang L
Sleep4802, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for the great response-We hope to see you soon, Bruce Dimmig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times before and will continue to stay here. Rooms are great, breakfast is great, hotel is always clean, staff is very friendly and accomodating. Just a few minor gripes - even though the pool itself is a lot of fun for the kids (and adults) OMG can they PLEASE turn the water temperature up?!?!? It's freezing!!! Also it seems like every time I've been there they always stick us way up on the 3rd floor. Really? When there are obviously NO cars in the parking lot? It's not a huge deal, just more of an annoyance. The hotel itself is a little tricky to get to if you don't know the area but nothing a decent GPS can't handle. Other than that it's a great hotel. Highly recommended. :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jon W
Sleep4802, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for your kind response-Hope to see you again soon. Bruce Dimmig
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My family of 5 along with 4 other families stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites during Labor Day weekend for a UW football game. The staff was great, check in fast and easy, the rooms were clean and spacious, and the beds very comfortable. The kids enjoyed the pool and the breakfast was very good. Overall it was a very good value and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top Floor corner rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BobSIowa
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for you review! Very glad to here your stay was a good one. Hope to see you again for another Badger game!
Pulaski, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here 2 days for a board meeting in July. This is a great newer facility definitely on the outskirts of Madison. The staff is SUPER friendly and check-in/check-out were fast and problem-free. The rooms were clean and comfy. I didn't grab much for breakfast, but the hot choices were a welcome upgrade. Very small work-out room, but they had a working treadmill and a tv, which is all I need, and no one else came in while I was there. I will definitely stay again when in the Madison area. If you are making your way downtown during morning rush hour, leave 30-45 minutes, especially during Wisconsin construction season.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank aprillyn
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thanks for the review! Hope to see you again soon!
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Very clean and new (3 years old as of Aug 2012). Friendly staff. Large room (suite?) was very roomy with a unique walk-in shower. We used Choice hotel points and this was the best bargain ever. Our dog was welcome here and with mowed fields all around it was pleasant walking her. The literature stated a very low $5 charge for pets but they didn't even charge that. Outstanding.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbara H
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind response-We hope to see you in the near future. Bruce Dimmig
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had not previously stayed in a Sleep Inn brand hotel before my stay here, but chose it because of the good review here on tripadvisor. It turned out to be one of the nicest hotel experiences I've had during my travels. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well stocked with everything you would expect to find. The staff was friendly and really helpful as well.

I was traveling with my dog and usually dread staying in hotels that are dog friendly because your either get put in a "pet room" which, in my experience, comes with odors or you are charged a ridiculous pet fee. I'm glad to say this hotel was really pet friendly; we were given a nice room and because of our late check in (after 9pm) the clerk checking us in didn't charge the pet fee either.

Also, the breakfast spread was really nice here too and offered lots to choose from which is always a plus. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay while in Madison.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jfktraveling
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear your stay with us was a good one! We take pride in being a pet friendly hotel, and do not restrict pets to specific rooms. Pets are part of our guests family and should be treated as such. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again next time your in town.

Ken Kurt AGM
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed August 7, 2012

A little off the beaten path but easily accessible and within a five minute drive of downtown Madison. Stayed on first floor and could hear footsteps above but it quieted near bed time. The entire hotel is clean. Beds are very comfortable. Rooms include flat screen tv, micro, fridge, and good wifi signal. Decent sized bath with sink located in bath area. Pool ranges in depth from 2'6" to 4'9" and includes two basketball goals, a dump bucket, and a palm tree fountain. Perfect for kids to burn energy but not great for serious swimmers. Didn't try the hot tub but looked good. Satisfying breakfast: make-your-own waffles (plain & blueberry), plain egg omelet, sausage, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, breads, juices, coffee, yogurt, and the other standards. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again and hope to do so in the near future.

Room Tip: Beware of first floor near the pool if you don't want lots of foot traffic near your room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank freetravelteacher
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for such a great response!!!! We appreciate all of the positive feedback we can get. Bruce Dimmig