My wife and I just checked out this morning. This was one of our nicest hotel stays in a long time.
We had booked using Choice Hotels rewards points. My wife asked the front desk girl (I want to say her name was Rachel but I can't be sure) if there were any upgraded rooms we could get and how much it would be. She told us that since we booked using reward points the upgrade would be complimentary if there was a room available. She said there was one room but wasn't sure if it had been cleaned yet. Someone (I believe it may have been the manager) went right upstairs and checked on it immediately. We were in our upgraded room within minutes. Fantastic.
The hotel looks new. Everything was well laid out. We had a hot tub more than big enough for two people. If you're one who likes to watch TV while soaking, you can do so because the TV is on a swivel. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I personally found the pillows extremely comfortable. I'll probably find something similar for my own bed at home. I liked the shower, it was a neat design. It's always helpful to have a fridge and microwave in the room also; it certainly came in handy for us. TV was a flat screen but not high-definition. Not a big deal, I quickly got over it.
We soaked quite a few times in the tub and when my wife called for extra towels, we had them within five minutes. I didn't get up in time to check out breakfast but my wife went downstairs. It sounded promising with eggs, waffles, cereal, and other standard breakfast fare. This was a Badger game weekend and like most other hotels, it seemed like it was a full house. That made the level of service we received even more impressive.
There is no restaurant/bar/store on-site. The hotel is on the outskirts of Madison and is a bit out of the way. It's not very far to the highway and there were plenty of places to shop and eat within a 15 minute drive. The relatively isolated location made for a quiet stay. I occasionally heard people walking around but it wasn't loud by any means and didn't bother me or my wife.
We actually didn't want to leave because our room was so comfortable. We were in Madison to visit an eye-care center for my wife. She has another appointment later this year and unless the place is booked, we'll certainly be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business travelers will welcome additional conveniences like the onsite business center, a public computer with Internet access, and copy and fax services. All spacious rooms and suites come equipped with HD TV's, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers with free coffee, desks, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Some suites feature whirlpool bathtubs and sofa sleepers. Connecting rooms can be requested. Guest laundry facilities and valet cleaning services are offered on the premises for added convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites Madison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn & Suites Madison Hotel Madison
- Sleep Inn And Suites Madison