“Pleasantly surprised”

Sleep Inn & Suites Madison
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hidden hotel off the beaten path is a warm inviting place to call home for a few days. The staff was welcoming and always ready with a smile. the rooms were clean (we even checked for high dust none found) the pool was ok the play things for kids made it worth it although the water was cold. It is close to many attractions in every direction. We are already planning to stay here the next time we head to Madison.

2  Thank Dave H
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind response-Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed July 27, 2012

After being cramped in a vehicle for 12 hours all I wanted was a place to stretch, Stop. A newer part of this hain, the hotel was clean, service excellent and price excellent given time of year. The breakfast had enough protein to satisfy and hold us over for the next day of cross country travel

2  Thank LoveColumbiaValley
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Thank you for your comment. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was home for a funeral over the weekend and we stayed here for 2 nights the stay was great nice size rooms, great views you can't hear the interstate at all, the pool was nice size for my kids to play in , breakfast was good just didnt like the microwave sausage but other then that it was good, check in and out was very easy and price was the same as when I reserved it online. The staff at the front desk was very helpful in getting us more towels and soap as we didnt have enough for a family of 5.

The bad thing about this place is there were people that were not staying at this hotel coming and going as they wanted from the pool as they had someone there letting them in the side doors, also the last night my family and I were here there were abunch of teens by the pool and they kept leaving the pool while my wife and I were in there at one time the front desk lady came and got one of the teens for something there were about 10 of them standing outside the windows waiting for us to leave so they could use it since they had been drinking this left my wife and I very uncomfortable but we continued to swim any way after we left they all came in and went swimming.

1  Thank Andrew B
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad your stay was a good one. I will be looking into who was working, and why people that were in pool area that were not guests. Thank you for staying with us and hope to be your hotel of choice in the future.

Ken Kurt

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel was excellent! The staff was good and the hotel was a great place to stay. I would highly recommend if you are staying in Madison and this is a good loaction for you, to stay at this hotel. The prices are right for the excellent large rooms and VERY Clean. Breakfast was good and I have nothing bad to say about this place!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark M
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for nice feedback as we try to do our best to satisfy all of our guests- Have a great day!!!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Excellent value for dollar. Friendly staff. Location is a bit difficult to access but the upside is a very quiet location. Very close and convenient location to highways. An easy 15-20 minute drive into Madison. Well-maintained hotel that retains its "just built" cleanliness and condition. Clean room with excellent bedding and nice bathroom amenities. Great breakfast. Would stay again. This is Choice Hotels at its best.

2  Thank hodad57
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Hope you come visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

When visiting Madison to see our son ( at UW ) we usually stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites Airport because of the location and friendly staff there, but it was nearly booked and prices were higher than usual so we found this Sleep Inn through our Choice Hotels website. We are value oriented travelers and found this facility to be very clean with a business center, indoor pool, and fitness center for a good price although we didn't have the opportunity to use these amenities on this trip. Only ate breakfast there one morning and would rate the dining area clean and larger than most. The b'fast itself was better than average and included so so eggs and two selections of sausage. The rest of the fare was similar to other continental breakfasts elsewhere although the doughnuts were better than most. The site is just off the US 12/18 beltway with easy acess. One downside for some travelers may be that you do have to drive to find shopping or dining as the locale is somewhat isolated. The "oops" we experienced is that after driving all day to get there from Columbus, Ohio then going out for the evening we were quite tired that night and slept late our 1st morning. Housekeeping knocked on our door sometime after 9am while I was in the shower and my wife told him that we weren't quite ready for him yet. Well, evidently, that was taken to mean that we did not want housekeeping service at all because after leaving and returning late that afternoon - housekeeping had never returned to clean. I went down to advise the two girls at the desk about the issue but they were pretty indifferent asking if we had used the "do not disturb" tag which we did not. We left to have dinner with our son and returned after 9pm and still no cleaning had been done. I went back to the desk to ask for a clean towel, rag, and some in room coffee and was given the items I asked for. What bothers me is that at no time was an apology offered and I would think that new towels, rags, coffee, shampoo, etc would have been offered without having to ask given the situation. I also noticed that unlike the staff at the Comfort we usually patronize, the staff here never acknowledged us with a greeting when entering or leaving the hotel, except for one taller well dressed man who may have been with mgmt. The indifference shown by the staff may seem petty to some, but it is often these simple attributes of customer service that take little effort but can positively impact one's stay. Had an apology been given with the offer to provide the items needed up front, I would not have even mentioned it here since I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that the missed housekeeping was a simple misunderstanding. I'd give them another try if our usual & customary Comfort Inn isn't available in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear about the housekeeping problem and have talked to our housekeeping staff to correct future problems. We appreciate your buisness and hope to see you in the future!

Ken Kurt

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a hidden jewel. The location is a little hard to get to, but, my GPS found it. It is a new looking property in a rural setting. Many restaurants are located within a 5-10 minute drive. The property is very clean. The check in was quick. It is quiet so sleep was nice. I can recommend this property 100%. Also the breakfast was also good.

• Stayed: July 2012