Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Nice”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Well, my stay was great. Hotelwas very clean, service was great, HOWEVER, I booked through Priceline and then was charged again by Fairfield. So I was double billed. Luckily I noticed this on my credit card statement, or they would have gotten away with this. I called to get this addressed and they initially told me they would send a notice to Priceline to refund my account, and it would take some time. Then after I stated this was unacceptable, I was told they would reverse the charges today. I understand accidents happen, however, anything but immediate charge reversal is unacceptable in this situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cori54701

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Woodridge, Illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Overall great little hotel. Much nicer than some of the older generation fairfield inn's out there. We stayed the weekend to go ski at nearby cascade mountain. The hotle was very clean and the staff was friendly and welcoming. The pool was small but there were never more than 5 people in there at a time. Great value with breakfast included.

• Stayed February 2013
Reedsburg,Wisconsin
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We we were looking for a small hotel to spend the night before our early morning flight. It has been many years since staying at a Fairfield property. Upon arrival, we were overwhelmed.. This property has an excellent decor and is extremely well maintained. We did not detect anything out of order or in need of repairs. We were warmly greeted by the staff and fresh baked cookies. Warm cookies on a cold Wisconsin night, what a treat! Check in was quick. We were given coupons for a restaurant we had planned to visit. Additionally, the front desk arranged our cab in the morning and, again, gave us discount coupons for that. We did not use their airport shuttle, as we were leaving brfore it ran. Our room was spotless and had all the necessary amenities. again, the decor was not what I was expecting. Very tasteful and modern. The mattress and pillows were heavenly. Likewise, the pool area was very clean, well lighted, and warm. The business center met all our needs. Our wake up call was on time and the cab was there to meet us on time. As we left so early, we were unable to enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast. Based on our stay so far, we expected it would be way above par. We will definitely stay again when in Madison and will recommend this hotel to all, whether for business or leisure. A special thanks to the assistan GM Gavin, who took the time to greet us and answer our questions.

Room Tip: we stayed in a 2 room king suite, which was excellent. It was nice having a separate living area an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vermonville, New York, USA
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very friendly staff. They well all eager to help with any arrangements that I needed. The shuttle service was very quick and available when I needed rides to and from the airport. The front desk was respectful and professional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Milton, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here one night while working out of town. The hotel is convenient to the freeway & nearby restaurants. The night manager kindly upgraded me to a king suite! It was a very nice size room, but was too tired to really enjoy it...It was very quiet & even though the wind was blowing hard that night, it didn't keep me awake. After having stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove in Miami, I'm having a hard time with basic towels & beds....but it was fine for one night. The breakfast is very nice for those who don't have a problem with gluten in there diet as they have Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage biscuits, pita egg burritos, waffles, bagels, toast, etc... but for those with gluten sensitivities, hard boiled eggs & yogurt are the mainstay. The building & rooms are clean. I would recommend this hotel for short term stays.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oldbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here with my wife and mother during a trip in Wisconsin. The hotel is a little way outside of Madison itself and my satnav device did its best to take us the longest possible route.

The hotel has a large lobby and breakfast area with coffee and tea available. There was a dairy convention on while we were there and the hotel got quite busy, but the staff were courteous and helpful throughout. The rooms were a little smaller than other hotels, but everything was clean and comfortable and well worth the price paid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a newer property at the interchange of 151 & I90 on the east side if Madison. The staff was wonderful, the place is clean and the lobby is spacious.

I stay in this area for work regularly, but this was my first stay at the Fairfield. I usually stay at the La Quinta, because it's a bit cheaper at our corporate rate. But, I now also know the rooms are smaller at the Fairfield and the breakfast is 'cold' other than the toaster and waffle maker.

Other than the smallish room, the bathroom was a bit oddly designed for a new property. Grabbing a towel from the shower requires steping out and walking around a short wall to reach it.

Also, the mirror is in an unfortunate place, unless you like seeing yourself from the toilet. Perhaps you look good on the can. I, frankly, don't. (I was able to confirm that thanks to this hotel stay!)

That said, I would stay here again...these are just nit picks compared to one slightly lower cost option nearby...and to reiterate, the great staff more than makes up for having to look at myself in the mirror when using the facilities.

• Stayed November 2012