This is a newer property at the interchange of 151 & I90 on the east side if Madison. The staff was wonderful, the place is clean and the lobby is spacious.
I stay in this area for work regularly, but this was my first stay at the Fairfield. I usually stay at the La Quinta, because it's a bit cheaper at our corporate rate. But, I now also know the rooms are smaller at the Fairfield and the breakfast is 'cold' other than the toaster and waffle maker.
Other than the smallish room, the bathroom was a bit oddly designed for a new property. Grabbing a towel from the shower requires steping out and walking around a short wall to reach it.
Also, the mirror is in an unfortunate place, unless you like seeing yourself from the toilet. Perhaps you look good on the can. I, frankly, don't. (I was able to confirm that thanks to this hotel stay!)
That said, I would stay here again...these are just nit picks compared to one slightly lower cost option nearby...and to reiterate, the great staff more than makes up for having to look at myself in the mirror when using the facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Madison East is located within one mile of over 150 shops and restaurants and is just a hop, skip and a jump off Interstate 90/94 and the Dane County Regional Airport. The hotel is just minutes from downtown Madison, University of Wisconsin, Kohl Center, Covance, Alliant Energy Center and the Overture Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Madison East
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East Hotel Madison