“Like they way, you usually get what you expect at a Fairfield, and that's good news.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on our trip to Madison awhile ago. Like most of the hotels in the Fairfield Inn chain by Marriott, this is very much a generic Marriott property, which means you will get a clean room, cable TV, free WiFi, free parking, a friendly staff and a free breakfast, all for about a hundred bucks. You want something more? Go at your own risk!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband, daughter and myself stayed here twice in three weeks as my daughter is starting graduate school at the University of Wisconsin and we came to get the lay of the land and then again to move her in. The same young man, Kevin, checked me in both times and recognized me when I walked up 3 weeks after my first stay! The staff was always friendly during our stay.
The breakfast is bountiful and the coffee is very good. Everything at the hotel is very clean and the rooms were very comfortable as well. I will probably be returning several times during the next couple of years and this will be my hotel of choice for sure!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chacha7602
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This Fairfield inn must be a fairly new one, because everything looks brand new inside! The decor is contemporary (dark orange wall papers, bright yellow/green carpet). Check in/out were super easy and the staff is always cheerful.
Breakfast is included which is a big plus. They had a waffle maker, jimmy Dean's microwavable sandwiches, juice, milk, bread..ect.
Bed was comfortable and although the hotel is next to the highway, you don't hear a thing because the windows have great sound insulation.
If I were to pick on something it would be that the hotel room is on the small side compare to other hotels. But I would totally stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: ask for two queen beds instead of one king. Maybe the room will be bigger.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sammyc
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way from Maryland to South Dakota and I'm very happy with our choice. The hotel was very clean and I loved the modern, bright decorations. There was a little mix up with our room assignments but they gave us a small discount to compensate. The room was nice with clean spacious bathroom, flat screen tv, great internet, and nice beds. We didn't look at the pool, but the breakfast was the best we've had during our whole vacation. Will go there again if ever in Madison.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed for a weekend and were extremely satisfied with everything this hotel had to offer. It was clean and welcoming with an easy access to the freeway and local streets. There's a Home Depot and many major retailers as well as several restaurants nearby. We were just a few miles from our son and daughter-in-law's home, making it very easy to visit them and come back to freshen up before going back to their place. The included breakfast featured a varied menu of delicious hot and cold choices each morning along with excellent coffee and other beverages. We've never been disappointed with a Fairfield Inn or other Marriot properties.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Our family needed a place to stay on the way home from Milwaukee late one night. We have stayed at Fairfield Inns in the past, but this place has set a new standard for all Marriot properties. The rooms were great with comfortable beds, a pillow selection, and plenty of room for two adults and 2 young children. The cleanliness was a wonderful relief with well lit hallways to prevent any dirt from being hidden. No gross dirt pile ups in the bathrooms behind the doors or on the countertops. The pool area and workout room were also well kept and had excellent equipment for use. Breakfast area and attendant also excellent and helpful. There was nothing out of place so there was no need to ask for items to be refilled or replaced. I ever back to the area, this will be our hotel of choice. Excellent job and I hope they keep up the cleanliness, brightness, and modern look.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2010

This Fairfield Inn should be a model for all hotels built henceforth. Extremely clean, up-to-date, and well lit. The front desk is very helpful and I'd gladly stay here if I was going to be coming back to east Madison. The free internet is blazingly fast!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business