“One of the best business travel hotel experiences I have had.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cambria hotel & suites

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Madison
STL
“One of the best business travel hotel experiences I have had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

I've been traveling on business for 20 years. I have come to expect a certain level of service. This hotel has exceeded my expectations over multiple stays. The facility is rather nice - the rooms are comfortable and the technology (internet, tv, heating units) are easy to use. Above all, though, the service and personal care is exceptional. Every staff member I have encountered has been pleasant and accommodating. The server at the Puck bistro remembered what I ordered in my previous stay - two months prior! The shuttle driver was pleasant, prompt, and helpful. Day or night, every manager on duty was accommodating and pleasant. Although I would love more of the trappings of a bigger hotel (e.g., bigger restaurant, beer on tap, etc), these amenities are not nearly as important to me as being treated nicely by fellow humans. This hotel makes me feel valued as a customer, and that weighs heavily for me when traveling on business.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

We went to Cambria Suites because we just wanted to get away for the night on New Year's Eve. We had 2 adults and 4 teenage girls, and were very happy with the room accomodations. There was plenty of room for all of us with 2 king size beds and one pull-out sleeper sofa. The hotel was beautifully decorated, from our room to the lounge area downstairs. The girls loved the fitness center and spent a lot of time there. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

From our initial meeting, the staff was thoroughly friendly and gracious. We toured the facility which was upscale and immaculate. The rooms are spacious suites that offer several possibilities for guests compared to a typical hotel room. The details of the event were then planned by phone and email. The staff attended to every detail, helping us create menus, bar selections, rooms, and transportation. Their pricing was appreciably generous.
We held the rehearsal dinner in the Cambria Suites lobby bar/restaurant on Friday night. The management and staff were superb. The manager Susan went out of her way to make sure the entire staff was well prepared for the event, stayed on site for the dinner, and nothing we could ask for was too much! Many guests commented how impressed they were. We provided some entertainment and the hotel helped to set up speakers and laptop hookup, making sure that everything ran perfectly. Food and drinks flowed and our guests could not have been happier. The chef did a fantastic gourmet pizza dinner, and Laura was on-site on our arrival making sure everything with the event and food was perfectly executed! The bartenders April and Tim were a true asset to the party, with their friendly demeanor and 24 hour shifts, they provided everything from bar service at night, to the perfect cappuccino in the morning always with a smile and an eagerness to please.
The venue was a perfect combination of comfort and convenience as virtually everyone was from out of town and stayed at the Cambria.
The lobby breakfast and coffee bar in the morning and the lobby throughout the day provided a great environment for hanging out with family and friends.
The hotel shuttle helped guests back and forth to the airport, and all the front desk staff went out of their way to help provide guests with information on activities in the area and helping with transportation and directions.

The true show of the tremendous service, really shined through when we were hit with one of the biggest snowstorms in December. The staff rallied all their efforts to help accommodate those who were unable to get out, and 24 hour computer networking, helping as much as they could to provide updated information on travel conditions.
We unhesitatingly recommend the Madison Cambria Suites for a night, a weekend, and especially for an event there. The facility is fantastic, the staff very hard working and friendly, and the management professional and a joy to work with.

Stayed December 2010
1 Thank bestmomles
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

This review is a little out of date but I owe it since I use TA for almost all of my travel needs now. The best thing about the Cambria is the room size. We were travelling with another couple and we both had small children, ages 3 and 6 months, and Cambria was the only hotel in the area that we could find that allowed us to be in one room. We were only there to sleep, shower and get back on the road so did not want the added expense of 2 rooms. The room was huge, had 2 queen beds and a pull-out queen sleeper which more than met our needs. Very courteous and friendly staff which is always nice. I only had 2 concerns. One was the lack of any type of continental breakfast, even some free donuts or something would please a lot of people and a lot of places offer significantly more than that complimentary these days. The only other thing was that we were getting in late and the person that took the reservation had assured me that there would be a portable crib set up and waiting for us in the room but there was not. This was quickly corrected but to me a promise is a promise. Overall, great stay and would stay again if in the same situation, but would probably opt for another hotel if I didn’t need the extra accommodations as the continental breakfast means a lot to me when I want to get on the road sooner rather than later and stopping at a fast food place always takes so long anymore.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

From the beginning of our communication with the hotel everyone was very attentive and professional. Once we were in house, the service was great and so was the price. Very clean, roomy and quiet.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

I had never heard of the Cambria Suites, but stayed there for two nights on a business trip based on TA reviews. I am super impressed. It has everything you could want -- a clean, stylish room, a comfortable bed, a great workout room (three Precor treadmills plus numerous other cardio machines and weights), and extremely friendly service. At a great price!!! The location on the east side near the airport and the 90/151 intersection is very convenient. I've stayed at several Madison hotels over the years and this one tops them all. No need to look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Mundelein, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

We were very pleasantly surprised when checking in to Cambria Suites. We found the accommodations to be IMMACULATE and everything looked brand new and highly shined...the customer service, namely Sudeth, was top notch as well, very friendly and welcoming, very professional, very concerned with our comfort. The accommodations were roomy with 2 adults and 2 children, there was enough space for the kids (who always bring along assorted video games, stuffed animals, etc)...the modern decor was very beautiful with black granite, flat screen TVs, stained wood, shine everywhere! Beds were very comfortable, pillows were fluffy. Bed and Bath toiletries were a nice touch. The pool was a little small and was cold (but is November, after all), the hot tub was nice and warm and the fitness center was really fabulous....just wish I had the time to jog off the Thanksgiving dinner we had!

The continental breakfast consisted of standard fare, muffins, bagels, cereal, but the coffee was good and hot (Wolfgang Puck brand), and so I was a "happy camper". I did notice one of the other guests had ordered a fruit plate for breakfast, and Sudeth happily obliged (seems he was everywhere, kudos to him). The hotel was in close proximity to Oakwood Village, where we were visiting family, with various restaurants, stores, and gas stations located very nearby.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family