All reviews sitting area breakfast buffet choice hotels business park irish pub small pool very nice hotel king suite lobby bar comfortable bed modern decor desk area room was large fitness center would stay here again pull out couch nice size
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Stayed in this location many times; very friendly staff, good food in the buffet, good workout room.

Was astonished at my latest bill which shows a $59 charge for an eight minute local phone call. Called the front desk who told me that they charge for phone calls and the call is legit. $7 a minute for a LOCAL call. I have a call into the manager, if this charge is not removed I will no longer stay here and am alerting my corporate travel department regardless.

Only other complaint about the hotel involve the physical gyrations necessary to remove the lids from the buffet items, but the food is excellent!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

We were able to find a suite here for five of us on a girls trip. Very affordable and clean. We highly recommend it. It is a ways from downtown Madison but we had a great Uber driver who helped with that!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
cambriamadison, Assistant General Manager at Cambria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Thank you so much for the fun review. I agree, getting a great Uber driver can make a huge difference.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

I came to stay at the Cambria Hotel for a job interview and when I arrived, my hotel that was supposed to have been pre-paid was not. I gave them my card as it was the middle of the night and I figured it could easily be cleared up. My potential employer called the next business day and gave them payment information. When I went to check out, they still had not corrected the account and had already charged my card. I told them it was a mistake and they said they would figure it out and give me a credit. I have yet to receive this credit.

Two days after check out, I checked for this credit and found a SECOND charge on my account for the hotel. I called to contest this and spoke with the manager Gerard. I was talked down to in a demeaning, condescending manner and told that he would give me a credit. He did not.

Instead he charged my card for an unprecedented THIRD time. I then called him back to inform of this third incorrect charge and he, again in a condescending manner, told me that charge was actually a credit. I called my bank, this is FALSE.

The hotel itself is nice enough, but I would strongly advise against staying there unless you want to pay for it 3-4 times.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
cambriamadison, Assistant General Manager at Cambria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Good afternoon Ms. Streufert.

I am terribly sorry that any of this occured with your stay. I also want to extend a personal apology for our communications. I was attempting to explain the situation in it's entirety and I failed to do that very well. We definitely did charge you a 2nd time accidentally. This is not standard procedure.

I do hope everyting went well on your interview and rest assured this situation is not our nomral.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

We recently stayed two nights for a friend's wedding. We had booked and received a King suite which was a nice size, fresh and clean. We were given the option to opt out of housekeeping for a free drink or breakfast, but I prefer my room made up. However, at about 3:30pm on Saturday when we were in the room getting ready for the wedding, they still had not come to do our room. Not a deal breaker, but an observation.

The lobby bar was a good time with our friends at night, but does not open until about 5pm, in case you were looking for an earlier beverage.

They supplied a free shuttle for the wedding group to the venue (just a few minutes away) which was a much appreciated benefit.

Ample free parking, friendly front staff, nice rooms...........wouldn't hesitate to come back when in the area or to recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time in going to our website regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

Gerard Potvin
Assistant General Manager
Cambria Hotels and Suites Madison
608-241-7070

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Very clean, modern and well served. Took the option for no maid service in exchange for free breakfast. It was a step up from a continental breakfast with several hot meal options. We had a sitting area separate from the bed with a TV on each side! Too bad we don't watch more TV!! Close to interstate and easy to get to.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank knitgusknit
cambriamadison, Assistant General Manager at Cambria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thank you so much for you great review. We appreciate your acceptance to one of our new procedures in offering the breakfast to deny turn down service, and you loved the breakfast which is a great plus. We look forward to you coming back and staying with us again.