New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Cambria hotel & suites

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #18 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Glenview
“Nice Change of Pace for Madison”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I recently stated at the Cambria Suites in Madison WI. After years of struggling with a place to stay near family, I finally found a property I am looking forward to going back to. The property was fairly new, clean and well maintained. The prefab modern decor was nice, but also a little bit amusing (plastic vases), solid surface shower surround vs tile. I would compare this property of the similar A Loft concept by W Hotels (minus the annoying Aloha greeting). All in all, well done.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
I am so glad you found us! Maybe we can be your "home away from home" when you travel into Madison. Thank you for trying us out! See you soon! -Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My Boyfriend and I found ourselves in Madison last fall after our trip to Portland was thwarted because of a random wind storm. Cambria Suites was right in our price range, very clean, hip design, quiet and spacious. We were very pleased with the room and staff. It's a little drive from down town but big deal. Well worth every penny.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon! -Dave
Elk River, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

To preface let me say that my business partner and I needed a place that would offer breakfast, Wifi, two beds and dinner in a nice clean and comfortable environment. I read that Trip Advisor gave this place 4 and a half stars so I figured it should be great. As it turns out, it was. This place is very fresh and new feeling. It was very comfortable and the room was perfect for our needs. Wifi, two T.V.s, a great breakfast, a great dinner, nice location, the list goes on and on. For the money this is by far the best place we stayed at. We did have a little trouble connecting to the internet but the person at the front desk was all over getting us online and within about 25 minutes we were up and running.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are so glad our hotel worked for your business needs. We welcome you back on your next visit to Madison. Thank you! -Dave
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I agree with the other positive reviews. Squeaky clean, new, well-designed hotel. Beautiful, comfortable room. Excellent staff. Amazing price. Not really convenient to downtown Madison or UW, but especially if you're just passing through town or have business on the east side, I'd recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your positive comments about our Cambria Suites. We hope to see you back on your next visit. -Dave
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I stayed here while passing through Wisconsin. I accidentally left my GPS at home, which made finding the hotel harder since there are no signs anywhere that I saw until you are actually on property.

But the location ultimately is very good, off the interstate such that you won't hear traffic (except perhaps an occasional car if you're on an upper floor). The suites are extremely modern and very comfortable. The immediate area is fairly empty -- in a business park -- but across the interstate there is a mall and numerous restaurants.

I agree with a prior reviewer; the closet in the bedroom area was in an awkward place beside the bed and was hard to access; I ultimately did not use it even though normally I would have. Having two TV's was "cool" but you'd never be able to use both at the same time like you would in a two-room suite. However, other than those two tiny things, the rest of the room was fantastic and the stay was great. I felt I could've been more welcomed/acknowledged by the front desk clerk both upon arrival and departure, but it could've been a rough day, so I don't see that as a big deal.

If I'm in this area again, this'll be my choice for accommodations without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a few words about our hotel. We are glad you liked our guest rooms and our hotel. We will see you next time when you are traveling in the area. -Dave
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Very nice hotel. Stayed here just overnight. Rooms are ultra modern with all of the gadget hookups you could possibly have so that you could watch computer, ipad, phone, etc on the flatscreen. Nice desk. Bathrooms were very clean with modern fixtures. Could use two packs of regular coffee instead of just one. Restaurant was good (wolfgang puck fast food type) and a couple of good local beers. Had a nice walk outside, hotel is in a professional business park type area. Very clean and safe.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The Wolf Gang Puck coffee is wonderful and we'll make sure it's available for you. -Dave
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Smack in the middle of a corporate office park that screams of newness (doesn't look like any edifice for a half a square mile is less than 5 years old), this place is fantastic.
We stayed here with my three small children en route from minneapolis to Philly, based on the trip advisor reviews.
Did not disappoint!
Very contemporary design, modern details, and geometric layout - feels like a w hotel, as opposed to a Marriott or Hilton.
Sizable rooms, comfortable furniture.
Dirt cheap rooms, based on what you get (design, comfort, function).
this will definitely be an yearly stopover on our annual family trek.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am so glad we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for staying with us. Please make sure that if you're traveling in the Madison area, you'll give us a call. -Dave