WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #46 of 61 Hotels in Madison
New Brunswick, Canada
“Mixed impressions.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Convenient location across the street from shopping mall. Reception refused to give Choice Points as we used a hotel coupon so it was a good price. The hotel had been refurbished recently but our room, other than a flat screen TV, did not seem to reflect this. The hall carpets and doors are all new. There was a noticeable gap with scuffed walls where the easy chair should have been. Continental breakfast was simple and unimpressive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I were on our way to Wisconsin Dells and decided to stay at the Econo Lodge. We were just amazed by the cleanness, size, comfort of the rooms and the staff was very friendly. The hotel made a tremendous change to the rooms by adding flat screen TVs and new beds. On top of that we got to enjoy, the wonderful breakfast in the morning.This hotel is the real deal and it would be a no brainer that we come back here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great location right off the highway with a staff that is friendly. Essentially, at the budget price point, you get what you pay for, which means here a room without much personality (although you can request themed rooms), but is clean and comfortable. Our room was painted blah white and the lounge chair was missing, however, the bed was recently replaced and comfortable, and the room was equipped with a microwave, flat screen TV and fridge. The bathroom sink was updated, along with the shower. Our carpet was clearly new, but some sloppy guests managed to get gum or tar stuck on the carpet in a smeary black mess in one spot, but I'm not sure how you'd get that out. Morning breakfast was the basics of cereals, oatmeal and waffles. The area for breakfast is small, so people wandered off to eat on benches or returned to their rooms. The only problem was some male guest who thought it was funny in the middle of the night to knock on a female guest's door and scare her. He did it twice and eventually caught on that she was not amused. Plenty of food choices exist across the street in the mall out lots. We would stay here again because it is inexpensive, quiet and clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed with the EconoLodge in Madison,WI. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel has not only installed new carpet and bedding in all the rooms, but they have also added new flat screen tvs as well. The continental breakfast was a huge plus for value, too. They had waffles, toast, cereal (5 kinds), pasteries, juices, milk, coffee, oatmeal and more. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was about 30% larger than the typical standard room, but we paid the same price as usual. It is convientially located across from a large shopping mall, restraunts, and the airport. It's an easy on/off exit, and it is the first hotel you come to once you exit onto the frontage road. I would definitely return to this hotel when I am in the Madison Area.

Room Tip: They have jaccuzi and theme rooms for a slightly higher rate. The jaccuzi rooms are definitely worth...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul191
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel since I always stay at Choice Hotels. I arrived late from a long days drive to an unwelcoming desk attendant. The room I was given smelled like dead fish. I know I should have changed the room, but being too tired and not wanting to talk to the desk attendant I stayed. In the morning I told him the room smelled and instead of being apologetic he just kept saying I should have changed rooms. The place was uninviting and somewhat creepy. I was offered a future discounted stay which I plan not to use. I'd rather spend more money and stay next door at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed May 2013
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

My co-workers and I experienced allergic reactions almost immediately after checking in here, which did not subside until after we left. The vents, heaters and carpets are filthy, but rather than keeping a clean hotel, they have opted to place an auto-spray deodorizer in the hallway, I assume to attempt to mask the smell of mold and mildew.
I found the staff to be average at best, with the cleaning crew unable to understand simple English, and a front desk agent that found it extremely annoying that we needed another box of tissues... There were long black hairs stuck to the shower walls and bathroom floor upon arrival. Also, join us in the 21st century and get new bed coverings! Mine was so dingy and stained that I threw it in a corner the minute I got in the room.
I did not experience the breakfast, as the common area looked so filthy that I stayed as far away as possible.
If I hadn't been booked here through my employer, I wouldn't have stayed more than 5 minutes in this hole.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IndigoChild39
Plattevill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were driving home and decided to call hotels from the GPS. Requested room with whirlpool in room. We got one at a better price than expected. They have several "theme" rooms. Great rate and close to several restrauants and shopping mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple