“Decent enough”

Ranked #30 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Houston, Texas
“Decent enough”
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I staid two nights at the hotel for work. Unfortunately, the previous night their elevator broke (with someone inside it, the front desk lady said) and I was on the third floor. The staff was nice enough to carry my luggage for me, and I saw that they offered it to anyone that checked in after they explained about the elevator. (It was fixed after about a day and a half.)

I had a double decker room and was amazed at how large it seemed. The sitting area was nice and I was able to set up my computer without any problems... However, I was using a lot of bandwidth and don't think the hotel or it's firewall liked that too much. Although I was hardwired I did occasionally lose connection and need to re-agree to the hotel's terms of service to continue.

The stairwells and hallways were rather warm, for the most part, but the rooms could get nice and frosty depending on your likeness. The bed had a mattress pad that, I think, was pillow top so it was pretty soft to sleep on. The pillows were soft and squishy and they had an alarm clock next to the bed that was very helpful.

I had two bathrooms, one with a whirlpool tub. In the downstairs bathroom I found a spot of blood on the side of the toilet (that wasn't mine). I simply closed the door and didn't use that bathroom... I know it's easy enough to miss a spot here or there. I also found 1 out of the 13 towels I was given had a small spot of dirt, but I simply didn't use it. The whirlpool tub was rather nice upstairs... the water staid hot even though it took a lot to fill it. There was a water line on the tub that I scratched at, but it didn't come off and the rest looked and felt clean.

There isn't a restaurant in the building, but there are plenty nearby and the Hilton hotel down the road delivers food the the rooms of Comfort Suites for a charge. In the evening there is a free three drink happy hour and in the morning there is a small continental breakfast with the normal cereal, yogurt, coffee, bagels, and muffins. They also offered some eggs and ham, but to me they didn't taste that great.

All in all it was a decent enough hotel. I felt safe and the staff was nice. I probably would have liked it a little bit more clean, but I was far from concerned that I'd catch something from the surroundings.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank brinav
gmreviews, manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, September 2, 2008
Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback on TripAdvisor. We apprecatie the comments that are made and from those comments we try to improve as needed. I apologize about our Elevator during your stay and can safely say that is not a typical experience. Thanks again for staying with us and letting us know about your experience !

Hope to see you again !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Illinois
Reviewed March 16, 2007

This hotel had a very friendly staff, nice sized rooms and comfy beds. Our suite had 3 t.v.'s and 2 bathrooms. The free high speed internet even worked on the 3rd floor. Easy access to the highway and close to food and shopping. The free breakfast had some hot items. The only compaint I have is the elevator was extremely slow! My family will be back!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 20, 2005

I have no idea what these bad reviewers are talking about. I thought the facility was very nicely done, our room was excellent and our king bed was very comfortable. We were very happy with our stay!!

Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 29, 2005

My friend and her family took me with them to the Comfort Suites. We had a double decker suite on the top floor, just like the first reviewer. The sleeper sofa was sooo uncomfortable. My 11 year old friend and me (11) had back aches after sleeping on the sleeper sofa. Never will stay here again. Water in pools is way too salty, highly chronated.

• Stayed July 2005
Thank-you for your feedback regarding our Hotel. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We try to create a pleasant stay for all of our guests and am sorry to hear your's was not up to standard. We value all concerns and Thank-you for bringing them to our attention !
middleton, wi
Reviewed December 27, 2004

Nice hotel. We had 2 rooms on top floor. One room had 2 doubles with a pull out. The most comfortable pull out bed I've ever slept on! The second room was a two level suite. Upstairs had a king bed with full bath including whirlpool tub. Downstairs had a little counter with fridge and microwave, big table with four chairs, full couch, wingback chair and another full bath. Would stay again.

2 Thank Nicki116
Dubuque
Reviewed September 4, 2003

Worst night I have ever spent in my life! Cheap hard mattress with no padding. Cheezy foam pillows. Sheets that didn't fit and kept coming off. Never again!

1 Thank BarbaraL
gmreviews, Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, September 2, 2008
Thank-you for letting us know your concerns about our Bedding. We are sorry that you had a bad experience with our Hotel. We have upgraded our bedding package since your stay with us and can assure you that this problem has been taken care of. Thanks again for your feedback !
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Homewood Suites Madison West
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!