“Pet Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pet Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

They bill themselves as pet friendly, and they are. Our two Westies received a warm welcome and even treats from the desk clerk the next morning. Other than that it's pretty basic. The room was clean and quiet. The continental breakfast was very limited. The location was convenient for the highway, but not much else. If you're looking for something other than pizza delivery, the Dhaba Indian Bistro about three blocks away on Greenway Boulevard was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
ComfortSuitesGM1253, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers on Trip Advisor know about your experience at our hotel. Our staff members strive to provide superior customer service and accommodations to our guests, and always love seeing their furry companions as well. We invite you to visit us again during your next trip to Madison to experience our recent renovations and breakfast upgrades. We hope to you see you again soon!

Sarah Andler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriends and I are staying here and are absolutely appalled by the bar tender! He is very RUDE and needs to work on his customer relation skills! I have read the reviews on TA and was very open minded walking into the pub, however...the bartenders rudeness was apparent from the start. I have worked in customer service for 15 years and know a thong nor two about the way to speak to customers. This bartender definitely needs a lesson in how to treat the customer! My girlfriends and I only ordered wine, yet he insinuated that we were making his job complicated. I will be speaking to the management before we check out about his awful demeanor.
On a brighter note...we absolutely LOVE our room! There are 6 of us staying in a suit and there is PLENTY of room. Would like to say we'll be back, but due to the rudeness of the bartender, we may think twice. Too bad one bad seed can ruin it for everyone else.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amie Z
Linda L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

However I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the spaciousness of your suite.

Please contact me directly in regards to your experience at our bar so I can correct this situation for you.

Rest assured this quality of service is not up to our standards. I'll be sure to address and follow up with our bar staff.

Linda Ly
Front Office Manager
lly@wiscohotels.com
608-836-3033
Port Orchard, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place was wonderful. The continental breakfast far surpassed my expectations! It was awesome and the staff worked hard to keep everything fresh and supplied. The jacuzzi in the room was great, the bed was comfortable and we had more than enough pillows (which is unusual). We really enjoyed the hot tub and heated pool after having a long day on our feet! The hot tub is HUGE with plenty of room for everyone! It was nice that the room did not smell of chlorine.
We especially enjoyed your happy hour and JD, the bartender. He was so awesome! He was a lot of fun to talk to, very courteous and prompt! I loved his hair and wanted to run my fingers through it, but was afraid to ask! Please tell him Joie says, "HI!" I will not forget the good times we had at the bar with him....
If we are ever back in the Madison area we will stay here again! It was wonderful and a good value....
Thank you so much for a memorable, fun and comfortable experience!
Joie G

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed at the end of June. Friday evening check in was quick despite slow computer issues. Complimentary cocktails 5-7 was a bonus. Although, upgraded drinks may cost $1. Bottles of beer and rail drinks were free.
The room was clean and roomy. The shower head has multiple settings and good water pressure with a rounded shower curtain for extra space. Both beds were surprisingly comfortable and the pull out couch bar, did not prevent sleep. We did not utilize the breakfast as we checked out prior to it opening.
Overall nice stay and I would recommend this location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Albuquerque
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stay was nice except both of the rooms we booked were damp and uncomfortable. Our rooms smelled musty/moldy/like mildew. My entire family had breathing problems the week we slept there. Also the breakfast area was never fully stocked. The front desk staff was awesome!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Middleton and found most of the staff would go above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. However, when we went to the hotel happy hour, we were shocked at the attitude and appearance of the bartender. Not only was he rude, condescending, and pompous, but his hair and clothes were disheveled, and was in no way professional. First, the happy hour is advertised as complimentary to guests, and we were under the impression the selection was free - there is no written menu that was presented to us that stated otherwise. After we were served our drinks, we were told there was a charge, which I was fine with paying, and told the bartender as such, yet he continuously embarrassed me by interrupting my conversation and gesturing from across the bar that I owed him money several times. If the hotel wishes to charge for its "complimentary" happy hour, that is perfectly understandable, but I would encourage them to have a more formal billing process and posted menu. And lastly, my daughter was in the bar area, and informed me of the following: The bartender spilled a drink on the bar himself, did not apologize or offer to replace the drink to the customer, and he threw a bar rag at the customer, insinuating it was the customer's responsibility to clean it up.

Overall, the experience was okay. We have been to other Choice Hotels in the area, and have had a better overall stay with a better value elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet stay, do not stay on the first floor as it is very noisy.