“Excellent: I stay here every week”

Comfort Suites Madison West
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This hotel is my home away from home. I've stayed here for business and pleasure trips for years now and it's my go-to hotel in Madison. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable with a microwave and refrigerator. I frequently need to work in my room at night which is convenient with a nice desk/table, quiet surroundings, and internet access. The staff is fantastic: always friendly, helpful, and frequently "bend-over-backwards" to help or accommodate my schedule. I recommend it to anyone who wants a room on the west side of Madison.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank jgm397
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for sharing your kind review of Comfort Suites Madison with the TripAdvisor community! We are truly fortunate to have so many guests who return to our property every week. As an entire staff, our goal is to create a warm and welcoming environment so that indeed, even a hotel can feel like a "home away from home."

It's always a pleasure to hear positive feedback, and I will pass along your kind words to our staff. We look forward to continuing to serve you in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me or any of our staff if we can do anything to make your future stays even better.

Phil Mattsson-Boze

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I would like to point out that this property is great, the rooms are clean and of good quality--but if you are going somewhere looking for good SERVICE, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

When I arrived the front desk staff said just a minute, complained to her manager about a computer issue, ignored me when I asked if I could still check in with the computer issue, and then 'forgot' to have me sign the pet waiver (resulting in me having to leave my dog alone in the room, something I was trying to avoid.)

On top of all of that THERE IS NO FIRST PET STAYS FREE policy anymore. This is all over the internet and website, so I was surprised to see a charge on my bill. After HUFFING and trying to convince me that I was in error about THEIR website, they waived the fee.

Frustrating to stay the least. Probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your review of Comfort Suites Madison with the TripAdvisor community. From our entire team, I apologize for the quality of your recent stay. We genuinely value all guest feedback and look to it as an opportunity to improve.

We did recently implement a small fee for guests travelling with pets, as we have recently performed several in-room upgrades, including bed linens and towels. I apologize if this fee was not communicated with utmost transparency--I will review all websites Comfort Suites Madison is featured on to ensure that this information is visible.

As far as our service at the hotel, I apologize that it was far less than exceptional. We strive to offer a warm welcome to all guests, and I regret this warmth was not extended to you upon check-in. As an entire team, we will review your experience as an opportunity to improve in all areas of guest service.

Should your travels bring you back to Madison, we would welcome the opportunity to serve you again and to deliver a superior experience. If you would like to communicate further on this issue, please feel free to reach out to me via email at pmattssonboze@wiscohotels.com.

Phil Mattsson-Boze

Reviewed February 4, 2014

WOW is all I can say. Check in literally took about 2 minutes maximum. Friendly staff. Everything was clean. Rooms were HUGE along with a HUGE bathroom. We had 2 queen beds and also a pull out couch which was a bonus for us that we did not expect. The beds were really comfortable and each bed had 4 fluffy pillows. We brought our own pillows but would not have had to after seeing how high quality those pillows were. The pool and hot tub were much bigger than normal for a hotel which was very nice. The bar in the hotel was very nice as well. Breakfast was the usual make your own waffles, hot foods, fruit, dry cereal and donuts. I would definitely recommend this place to EVERYONE and I would most definitely come back to this hotel!! Keep up the excellent work. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Maglightchick
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

From our entire team, thank you for sharing your thorough review of Comfort Suites Madison with the TripAdvisor community! We strive to provide excellent service and outstanding facilites for all of our guests, and we genuinely appreciate your positive feedback. I will pass along your comments to our staff as well.

Thank you again for your kind words about Comfort Suites Madison. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please feel free to reach out to me at pmattssonboze@wiscohotels.com.

Best,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We highly recommend the Comfort Suites on John Q Hammons Drive, which we would rate very well. The room we had was spacious, featuring two queen beds, as well as a pull out couch. The bathroom also was large and well equipped. The accommodation was updated and comfortable, with wonderful bedding. Other rooms we viewed were also above average in quality.

Both a large indoor pool and a hot tub are available at the hotel, although we did not take advantage of either. I believe the hotel has a work out room as well.

The hotel offers a full continental breakfast with a wide choice from which to choose. Along with beverages, breakfast included waffles, hot eggs and sausage, boiled eggs, toasts and muffins, pastries, cheese, cereals, yogurt, and more.

The Comfort Suites also offers a generous complimentary manager's happy hour special, which we and our party thoroughly enjoyed. This added touch made our stay all the more wonderful.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We had a large party of guests which required a private meeting space and we found our needs were well met.

The hotel is pretty much central to the city, and is very convenient to the Beltline. And it is close to many local amenities and shopping.

One caution for guests is that the hotel is pet-friendly and has rooms for those travelling with pets. That said, as travelers without pets, we had no issues with noise.

If visiting Madison, we highly recommend you consider a stay at the Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J K
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of our hotel with the TripAdvisor community! We take pride in providing outstanding service and amenities at Comfort Suites Madison. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope we can serve your group again in the future. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to reach out to me at pmattssonboze@wiscohotels.com.

Thanks again for your kind words about Comfort Suites Madison!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Got this hotel after bidding on Priceline. Overall, for a 2.5 star hotel I thought it was pretty nice. Rooms were very spacious and clean. Breakfast in the morning was good as well. There were lots of options including eggs, waffles, sausage, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and other items you would expect to find at hotel breakfasts. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is away from the major road/highway in the area. It was very quiet, but the major road US-12 and US-14, was very accessible and close. I would stay again if I was in the area, and would specifically bid for this area again on Priceline.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Gozags2012
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on Comfort Suites Madison with the TripAdvisor Community! We strive for an outstanding experience for every one of our guests, and we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

On behalf of our entire team at Comfort Suites Madison, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to serving you in the future!

All the best,

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here once before, and it was actually quite worse than this time. Improving...

I was actually pleasantly surprised with a larger King recently refurbished room. However, the bathroom has to be desired.

the sink in the laboratory was plugged and never was unplugged. shower looks like it has its own problems with the bathtub not allowing the drain plug to be used, being Sry aside so they obviously knew about it, and the wrap-around shower curtain looked like it had been broken multiple times and hung down.

the king bed was quite comfortable and the bedding was nice. Slept good.

the room was overall average to above average. Outside of the bathroom.

the breakfast again was substandard. It looks like airline food, all preformed patties of egg and mystery meat.

Probably won't stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to review our property for the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your kind words, and appreciate the constructive criticism as well. We take all guest comments as an opportunity to improve--we strive for exceptional facilities and outstanding service at Comfort Suites Madison. Our team is gearing up for a large multi-point renovation at Comfort Suites Madison, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

All the best,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Never stayed there before, so hard to tell, but it looks like it has gone through a facelift. Room was clean and well appointed. King Suite with a sofa sleeper for the kids,huge bathroom, clean pool and a good FREE breakfast. Missed manager drinks unfortunately, but they were free too.

There was a kids party in a function room close to our room, which could have been better managed, but overall, a very good hotel, especially for the money and only $10 for the dog.

Room Tip: AC unit on the King Suite did make it a little cold on one side of the bed
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding our property with the TripAdvisor community! We are indeed in the process of a multi-point upgrade at our property, and we hope you have the opportunity to come see us again in the future (and perhaps enjoy our complimentary happy hour as well!).

On behalf of the entire team at Comforts Suites Madison, thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Homewood Suites Madison West
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!