“Restful”

Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Versailles, Kentucky
“Restful”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spend three nights in this hotel while visiting Taliesen and House on the Rock in Spring Green WI. Stayed here because there were movies and restaurants in the area. The staff was very helpful in recommending places to eat and things to see and do. The room was very comfortable, with nice decor, comfortable beds with plenty of pillows, refrigerator in room, and very hot water. They had the typical breakfast bar, nothing exceptional, just filling. Overall had a very nice stay. Recommend the hotel very highly.

Room Tip: Ask for room on front side of hotel nearest the parking lot, the room we had was on the back side an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay on Trip Advisor ! As you had mentioned we are in a great location. We are close to shopping. resturants, movies and a little under a hour to House on the rock area ! We are glad your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed our beds, pillows and hot water ! Thanks for recommending our hotel and please come again the next time your in Madison !

Amy Miniya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ashton, IL
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We just returned from a short trip to Madison and stayed at this hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We received a courtesy call to our room after checking in to see if everything was satisfactory. Everything was very clean and inviting. They even had warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk when we went out for a while. The pool area was also nice. The free breakfast was quite good. I did not take advantage of the complimentary drinks at the bar, but that was a nice option. The only downside was the pull-out couch. It did not make for a very comfortable bed, but it was tolerable. I would recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Wi-fi was spotty on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Teachermom83
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our Hotel and thank-you for taking the time to let us know on TripAdvisor ! We are glad to hear that your enjoyed our Amenties such as, breakfast, pool area and cookies ! I'm glad you felt our service was good and our hotel was clean! Sorry that the sofa sleeper was not as comfortable as the rest of the hotel. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time your in Madison !

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I normally do not like the choice hotels brands. Usually not as nice. This one is GREAT. Clean, comfortable (GREAT BED), roomy, free drink and breakfast. Just a little dark in the room from energy saving bulbs and dark carpet.

Room Tip: My room was the corporate rate, so I am sure it was not the top of the line rooms, but it WAS nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thanks for letting us know about your stay on Trip Advisor ! We appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms are nicely sized and the like you mentioned the beds are rather comfortable. You will be glad to know that hopefully in the next year that the darker wallpaper will be replaced, and that we will have better lighting along with this upgrade ! Again Thank you for letting us know about your experience and we hope to see you again soon !
Gonic, NH
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My visit to this location started out good. This was the first hotel that I can remember that thanked me for being a Choice Gold member. I had just been looking for a reasonably priced room in the area while on a work route through Wisconsin. When I walked into the hotel a bar across the street was playing loud Reggae music and I was tired. The front desk person assured me that the music would be done by about 10:30, it was a weekend night, and that I would not hear it from my room. She was correct on all counts. The positive attitude and greeting made the glass half full from the beginning.

The room was comfortable, the bed was firm and the bathroom and all other areas were good. The internet worked fine and I was able to get more work done.

The only thing that took away from the visit was the breakfast area. I don't know if it is common in the area, but this the second or third hotel I have visited in Northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin where people don't seem to use utensils to pick food out of trays or pans. I don't know if the utensils were missing or being cleaned. Such a neat, clean and maintained hotel in most visible leaves concerns about the food being sanitary with children and adults sticking their hands in and out of dishes. Picking things up, putting them down and moving on to another item.

I will return here again for the room, service and location. I will be cautious about the food area until I see some sanitary practices in place.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor, there was an elevator. There was no real highway or other items to effec...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thanks for staying with us and letting us know about your experience on Trip Advisor ! It's nice to hear that you felt comfortable while you stayed with us. We aim to please and I'm glad you felt the staff service was good and that you enjoyed a nice room and internet. I'm sorry to hear that people with not using the serving peices we have on our Breakfast Buffett. We normally have them lined up infront of each display stand. I will follow up with our Breakfast host to make sure they are visiable incase they were to get moved during the breakfast times. Again thank-you for letting us know about your stay and your experience ! Hope we see you the next time your in Madison !
Amy
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We're in Madison for graduation and booked our room about 7 weeks ago. We're a ways from downtown, around 5 miles, but we came as a family and have 3 full cars of proud parents, aunt/uncles, grandparents and siblings. My wife and I are staying at Comfort Inn while the others are at a Marriott residence. This one of the best ever hotels for a price/value. The staff is very friendly, the facility is impeccable, and they put out a 35 to 40' breakfast buffet that our family at the Marriott had to pay $10 for. In-room whirlpool for as many as 4 people, yes 4, a small suite area with a fold out sofa, refrig, microwave, coffee, near luxury towels, and 2 phones. I just looked at my hotel charges on my bank account and the price seemed higher than what I thought I booked so I went down to the front desk and was greeted by Rebecca. She explained that a 10% booking fee had been aded to my room charges, and I think I booked thru trip advisor. She gladly removed the charges to be sure I was fully satisfied! And at the front desk they have complimentary everything you might have forgot to bring. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thanks for letting us know about your stay on Trip advisor ! I'm glad to hear that you liked our hotel accomidations and service ! I'm also glad you enjoyed the whirlpool suite, the breakfast and extras ! We aim to please so it great to know that you felt that you were getting your money worth by staying with us ! We hope to see you again the next time your in Madison !
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Our handicap rm. was on the 3rd. floor farthest from the elevator. Pushing a wheelchair all that way was difficult. Complained to clerk & she said manager will not do anything about it. Has to be a fire violation??
The heat/fan in rm. constantly running - could not shut off. Bed & pillows were good. Served pizza & drinks 5 - 7, breakfast was just ok. Beautiful pool & spa.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay on Tripadvisor. I apologize you were not able to get a Handicap room located on first floor on your arrival. I can understand where it would be difficult to get to your room. When the hotel was designed they didn't place the Handicap rooms in the middle of the hotel or near the elevator .The reason why they are located at the end of the hallway is it 's easy access to the stairwell in a emergency. If we were to have a fire our staff or the fire department would assistant those in need down the stairwells. I know it seems odd.... but it's actually for your saftey. I'm glad you were comfortable in the room and enjoyed the pool and spa. I certainly hope you will try us out again. We do have two Handicap rooms on first floor so if you do try us again please let us know a first floor room is requested. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. Again thank-you for letting us know about your stay on Trip Advisor !

GM
North Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Everything was fine except for: half the towels in our bathroom had stains on them, and the breakfast area was not kept very clean as breakfast progressed (tables were dirty; trash on floor and overflowing the trash cans). Still, the price could not be better, especially for a weekend.

• Stayed April 2012
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay on Tripadvisor! We are certainly happy that enjoyed your stay with us and like coming to our hotel when you come to Madison. We have addressed your concerns about the Breakfast room and Towels and appreciate your letting us know. Take care and see you on your next visit !

Amy Miniya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Madison Marriott West
Madison Marriott West
#7 of 7 in Middleton

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!