“Friendly staff, comfortable room”

Comfort Suites Madison West
Ranked #30 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Gonic, NH
“Friendly staff, comfortable room”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My visit to this location started out good. This was the first hotel that I can remember that thanked me for being a Choice Gold member. I had just been looking for a reasonably priced room in the area while on a work route through Wisconsin. When I walked into the hotel a bar across the street was playing loud Reggae music and I was tired. The front desk person assured me that the music would be done by about 10:30, it was a weekend night, and that I would not hear it from my room. She was correct on all counts. The positive attitude and greeting made the glass half full from the beginning.

The room was comfortable, the bed was firm and the bathroom and all other areas were good. The internet worked fine and I was able to get more work done.

The only thing that took away from the visit was the breakfast area. I don't know if it is common in the area, but this the second or third hotel I have visited in Northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin where people don't seem to use utensils to pick food out of trays or pans. I don't know if the utensils were missing or being cleaned. Such a neat, clean and maintained hotel in most visible leaves concerns about the food being sanitary with children and adults sticking their hands in and out of dishes. Picking things up, putting them down and moving on to another item.

I will return here again for the room, service and location. I will be cautious about the food area until I see some sanitary practices in place.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor, there was an elevator. There was no real highway or other items to effec...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thanks for staying with us and letting us know about your experience on Trip Advisor ! It's nice to hear that you felt comfortable while you stayed with us. We aim to please and I'm glad you felt the staff service was good and that you enjoyed a nice room and internet. I'm sorry to hear that people with not using the serving peices we have on our Breakfast Buffett. We normally have them lined up infront of each display stand. I will follow up with our Breakfast host to make sure they are visiable incase they were to get moved during the breakfast times. Again thank-you for letting us know about your stay and your experience ! Hope we see you the next time your in Madison !
Amy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We're in Madison for graduation and booked our room about 7 weeks ago. We're a ways from downtown, around 5 miles, but we came as a family and have 3 full cars of proud parents, aunt/uncles, grandparents and siblings. My wife and I are staying at Comfort Inn while the others are at a Marriott residence. This one of the best ever hotels for a price/value. The staff is very friendly, the facility is impeccable, and they put out a 35 to 40' breakfast buffet that our family at the Marriott had to pay $10 for. In-room whirlpool for as many as 4 people, yes 4, a small suite area with a fold out sofa, refrig, microwave, coffee, near luxury towels, and 2 phones. I just looked at my hotel charges on my bank account and the price seemed higher than what I thought I booked so I went down to the front desk and was greeted by Rebecca. She explained that a 10% booking fee had been aded to my room charges, and I think I booked thru trip advisor. She gladly removed the charges to be sure I was fully satisfied! And at the front desk they have complimentary everything you might have forgot to bring. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thanks for letting us know about your stay on Trip advisor ! I'm glad to hear that you liked our hotel accomidations and service ! I'm also glad you enjoyed the whirlpool suite, the breakfast and extras ! We aim to please so it great to know that you felt that you were getting your money worth by staying with us ! We hope to see you again the next time your in Madison !
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Our handicap rm. was on the 3rd. floor farthest from the elevator. Pushing a wheelchair all that way was difficult. Complained to clerk & she said manager will not do anything about it. Has to be a fire violation??
The heat/fan in rm. constantly running - could not shut off. Bed & pillows were good. Served pizza & drinks 5 - 7, breakfast was just ok. Beautiful pool & spa.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay on Tripadvisor. I apologize you were not able to get a Handicap room located on first floor on your arrival. I can understand where it would be difficult to get to your room. When the hotel was designed they didn't place the Handicap rooms in the middle of the hotel or near the elevator .The reason why they are located at the end of the hallway is it 's easy access to the stairwell in a emergency. If we were to have a fire our staff or the fire department would assistant those in need down the stairwells. I know it seems odd.... but it's actually for your saftey. I'm glad you were comfortable in the room and enjoyed the pool and spa. I certainly hope you will try us out again. We do have two Handicap rooms on first floor so if you do try us again please let us know a first floor room is requested. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. Again thank-you for letting us know about your stay on Trip Advisor !

Amy Miniya
GM
North Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Everything was fine except for: half the towels in our bathroom had stains on them, and the breakfast area was not kept very clean as breakfast progressed (tables were dirty; trash on floor and overflowing the trash cans). Still, the price could not be better, especially for a weekend.

• Stayed April 2012
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay on Tripadvisor! We are certainly happy that enjoyed your stay with us and like coming to our hotel when you come to Madison. We have addressed your concerns about the Breakfast room and Towels and appreciate your letting us know. Take care and see you on your next visit !

Amy Miniya
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Amy, Rebecca and Linda were fantastic. It was a busy weekend, and they were able to help us with several special requests. Early check-in, adjacent rooms, near an entrance for our dog.
Room was nice and clean, breakfast was good and regularly replenished.
Everyone was very nice. There was a Pee Wee hockey team in the hotel, and the staff had worked with the group and they were very well behaved.
Great location and great staff. We will be back and we will highly recommend.

Room Tip: This a really good location for the westside of Madison, Verona, Fitchburg access.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Hi Jay ! Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us ! It's good to hear that you and your family enjoyed a nice time when you were here in Madison! I'm also happy to hear that you found our staff very helpful ! We try as much as we can to make everyone happy! On a side note the flowers that you sister left behind from the wedding are beautiful and brightened up our day ! Please pass along our Thanks ! Take care and hope to see you again soon !

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I recently stayed in the hotel for a work related trip. I found the environment to be extremely quite something which I very much appreciated. The warm cookies on the front counter in the evenings were also a very nice. When I was told at check in that I would be in a newly remodled room, my expectations were high. It was a true statement that the bathroom was recenly remodled. When I first walked in the room, I was taken back by a faint but noticeable odor that reminded me of cats. I was able to quickly forgive the odor because the environment was so quite...again something that I very much appreciated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay on TripAdvisor ! It good to hear that you felt comfortable with our hotel while staying with us ! I'm sorry that my staff didn't explain our renovations to you better..... we are redoing all bathrooms in the hotel this year and hopefully more changes to come in 2013. I appreciate your comments and look forward to you next stay with us when you in the Madison area !

York, England
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Travelled from UK on business and landed here at nearly 11pm to be met by a cheery face (thanks Amber), sending I had spent 22 he's travelling she have me all I needed to know to get to my room and go to sleep.Room was clean and comfy what more can you ask for along with complimentary breakfast. If I need to be back here I know where I will want to stay.

• Stayed February 2012
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Comfort Suites Madison ! It sounded like you had a very long journey to get here... I'm glad that Amber was able get your questions answered on your arrival and that the end of your trip ended on a good note. We try to make our guest's feel at home and it was good to hear that your room was comfortable, clean and the service was good ! Thanks again for choosing our Hotel !

Amy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Homewood Suites Madison West
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!