“Another great stay at the Comfort Suites”

Comfort Suites Madison West
Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Madison
WI
“Another great stay at the Comfort Suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2007

This was the second year in a row that we chose to stay at the Comfort Suites and we love it more each time. The young lady at the front desk was helpful when we checked in. We reserved a whirlpool suite and it was very clean, large and comfortable. Since last year they have updated the beds and bedding and they are both wonderful. We also love that this is a totally non smoking property so when we were in the lounge for our 2 free drinks each night there was no smoke to deal with. The hotel is in a great location. Not too close to the craziness of downtown and not too far to get down there either (it took us about 15 minutes to get to the square for dinner). We had a great stay and look forward to going back again soon!

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank bsisvogel
gmreviews, manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, September 2, 2008
Thanks for choosing our Hotel when your in Madison. We wanted to also thank-you for your feedback regarding our hotel and are glad that you enjoyed your stays with us !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2007

I am a business traveler, and the Comfort Suites of Madison is an excellent value.
The room is very large, most are either King or double bed suites, with a small half wall (less than 4'), that houses a sleeper sofa, microwave, and fridge. The bathroom are clean, and very large as well. This would be an excellent choice for a family as well.
The pool is oversize, and I was the only one that used it on a weekend night. The workout center has freeweights, treadmill, and two other machines, and cold water, TV and fans available.
The front desk staff was very friendly, and spent the time to explain the conveniences that you had available to you.
The location is very convenient to shopping, and to many restuarants (many will deliver, and there is room service, with free kid's meals with an adult entree), but it is about 8-10 minutes from the University/Downtown.
Complimentary breakfast, that has eggs, and make your own waffles available...
I would strongly recommend, and visit again!!

• Liked — Size and cleanliness of room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank WisconsinHigh_Miler
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

We just returned from a weekend sports tournament and were pleasantly surprised by this hotel.

The rooms are VERY clean and we love the 100% no smoking atmosphere. We were also very happy with the size of the room. There were only 2 of us but this room could easily accomodate more. The bathroom is sizeable as well and the shower had great pressure. Again all very clean and tidy.

The beds were comfotable and ample pillows were provided.

A continental plus breakfast is included and there was a great selection of cold and hot foods- different on both mornings which was nice.

The pool was very nice and not over chemicaled like some can be- very spacious atmosphere with a prety decent game room attached

The staff was great and very pleasant- I would stay here again anytime!!

• Liked — location, room size
  • Disliked — noisy hallway close to lobby
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank sccrmom
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2007

I staid two nights at the hotel for work. Unfortunately, the previous night their elevator broke (with someone inside it, the front desk lady said) and I was on the third floor. The staff was nice enough to carry my luggage for me, and I saw that they offered it to anyone that checked in after they explained about the elevator. (It was fixed after about a day and a half.)

I had a double decker room and was amazed at how large it seemed. The sitting area was nice and I was able to set up my computer without any problems... However, I was using a lot of bandwidth and don't think the hotel or it's firewall liked that too much. Although I was hardwired I did occasionally lose connection and need to re-agree to the hotel's terms of service to continue.

The stairwells and hallways were rather warm, for the most part, but the rooms could get nice and frosty depending on your likeness. The bed had a mattress pad that, I think, was pillow top so it was pretty soft to sleep on. The pillows were soft and squishy and they had an alarm clock next to the bed that was very helpful.

I had two bathrooms, one with a whirlpool tub. In the downstairs bathroom I found a spot of blood on the side of the toilet (that wasn't mine). I simply closed the door and didn't use that bathroom... I know it's easy enough to miss a spot here or there. I also found 1 out of the 13 towels I was given had a small spot of dirt, but I simply didn't use it. The whirlpool tub was rather nice upstairs... the water staid hot even though it took a lot to fill it. There was a water line on the tub that I scratched at, but it didn't come off and the rest looked and felt clean.

There isn't a restaurant in the building, but there are plenty nearby and the Hilton hotel down the road delivers food the the rooms of Comfort Suites for a charge. In the evening there is a free three drink happy hour and in the morning there is a small continental breakfast with the normal cereal, yogurt, coffee, bagels, and muffins. They also offered some eggs and ham, but to me they didn't taste that great.

All in all it was a decent enough hotel. I felt safe and the staff was nice. I probably would have liked it a little bit more clean, but I was far from concerned that I'd catch something from the surroundings.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank brinav
Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback on TripAdvisor. We apprecatie the comments that are made and from those comments we try to improve as needed. I apologize about our Elevator during your stay and can safely say that is not a typical experience. Thanks again for staying with us and letting us know about your experience !

Hope to see you again !
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2007

This hotel had a very friendly staff, nice sized rooms and comfy beds. Our suite had 3 t.v.'s and 2 bathrooms. The free high speed internet even worked on the 3rd floor. Easy access to the highway and close to food and shopping. The free breakfast had some hot items. The only compaint I have is the elevator was extremely slow! My family will be back!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2005

I have no idea what these bad reviewers are talking about. I thought the facility was very nicely done, our room was excellent and our king bed was very comfortable. We were very happy with our stay!!

Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2005

My friend and her family took me with them to the Comfort Suites. We had a double decker suite on the top floor, just like the first reviewer. The sleeper sofa was sooo uncomfortable. My 11 year old friend and me (11) had back aches after sleeping on the sleeper sofa. Never will stay here again. Water in pools is way too salty, highly chronated.

• Stayed July 2005
Thank-you for your feedback regarding our Hotel. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We try to create a pleasant stay for all of our guests and am sorry to hear your's was not up to standard. We value all concerns and Thank-you for bringing them to our attention !
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Homewood Suites Madison West
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!