“Very good for quick stay”

Americas Best Value Inn - Madison
Ranked #57 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Clarkston, Michigan
“Very good for quick stay”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The rates are cheap, which is why we picked this hotel. Driving up - nothing impressive; tucked off service drive; you have to pass the entrance to the landfill to get to the parking lot; looks a little sketchy pulling up but staff was friendly. Room had been updated, was small but clean. No coffee pot :(
Breakfast in the morning appeared to have a great variety however, staff did not work to keep things refilled - had to go hunting for plates, juice was out, couldn't find napkins; for the price we just wanted a comfortable room while passing through - and that we got.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chambersburg
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Overall the stay was good. Front desk difficult to understand, but is helpful. Property is located on a side road to 12/18 so that is just annoying. Property is next to landfill, but only even smelled that when on access road. Property is tired, but well painted. Breakfast was marvelous (2 waffle makers, pancake maker, omelet station, biscuits and gravy, home fries, cereal, cold bar with 4 fruits...all daily). Wifi worked. Not much located near hotel, but travel was easy. Bed was comfortable. Fridge & microwave in room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed June 24, 2014

OK, so this motel was rated 2 stars on Booking.com so that's what I expected. My expectations were met. It is very basic, but my room and bathroom were clean, and the king sized bed was reasonably comfortable (LOTS of pillows). I think other very negative reviews I read are a little unfair given the level one should have expected from this property.
One desk person was very nice, one was a grouch. A/C unit was a little noisy but more than adequately cooled the room.
Yes, it appears that this motel caters to work crews because the breakfast choices are HUGE: make your own waffle or pancake or omelet; biscuits and gravy; sausage and potatoes; limited selection of cereals; lots of fruits, couple of juices, etc.
One night, there were lots of road construction people there and a couple of other nights it was largely occupied by a bunch of bass fisherman in town for a tournament. BUT it was quiet all of these nights.
My title says it all: You get what you pay for and should expect just that.

Room Tip: Maybe my room was quiet because I checked that box on the reservation page. Try it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Wind Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while I was working in Madison. I reserved my room online because it was an inexpensive place to stay. I arrived to check in and the lady at the front desk was very rude and didn't want to honor my pre reserved room price. I finally ended up getting my room after a bit of discussion. I wasn't looking for anything fancy but chose this place due to price, fridge and microwave in room. I parked and upon entering there was a lot of shady characters roaming around outside. I entered my room and was put off by how small and outdated it was. After the first night I didn't want to stay here any more. The walls must be thin as I heard every noise imaginable. The smell from the landfill next door can get foul on a warm day. The hot water in the shower was inconsistent. The heater made a loud rattle all night long. The worst thing about my stay was the amount of box elder bugs that we're crawling all over the room and me while I slept. It was not pleasant at all. The front desk lady the second night was very rude when I asked for a bottle of shampoo after room service failed to restock. She accused me of stealing it and refused to give it to me. I went and got my own at the store the next day. The rest of my stay was pretty much the same. Coming "home" after work and slaying about a 100 bugs before going to bed. Didn't help as I would wake up with a dozen crawling on me. Overall, this has to be the worst motel I ever stayed at. Never again would I think about ever staying at this dump.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Chris G
nanni34, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Madison, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Sorry for the issues you encountered with the front desk. We will solve these issues so they will not happen again in the future. Thank you for your feedback!

Travelers are raving about these Madison hotels

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel picture was taken from a distance for a reason. Close up it is very run down and shabby. It seems to cater to construction workers and people that are one step from being homeless. There was not a coffee pot in the room as advertised. There was not a 24hr attendant at the front desk. The room was VERY small. The walls in the rooms did not have any art work at all. The paint everywhere was a putrid yellow. It did not even have a comfy chair in the room to sit in. It is located right next to a busy highway and a landfill. There were broken flower pots all around the pool with weeds growing in them. If you wanted to smoke outside there was not a bench or chair anywhere to sit on. If you check out early your key is to be dropped in a open box that anyone could take and duplicate. I would never stay there again, nor would I recommend it to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank betsy3049
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I expected the room to be bigger. The picture was not very accurate. The hotel is more apartment like where you literally get a key to open the door. It seems very old and in a bad area because of the way the doors lock on the hotel room. I just expected something a bit nicer.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kealyclick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Magnuson Grand Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#1 of 1 in Lake Mills
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison South

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Madison? Share your experiences!